05-17-2012, 05:02 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I am tossing around the idea of doing a Tradere Tour for Nook Members. Here's my issues with doing so.

First of all is the cost of it. It's a great razor, but it's also $150. The 1912 that is touring on another site cost me $10 and the Schick that's touring him cost a bit more than that. With that being said, who would be up for it? The only thing I'd ask is that you please ship the razor boxed with priority shipping, tracking, and insurance.

116 3,804
 05-17-2012, 05:21 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I would be up for it and I would not need any blades. Priority and insurance is a must.

173 23,490
 05-17-2012, 05:41 PM
User Info
I've been wondering if I should pull the trigger on one of these, but have resisted the urge so far, as the price is pretty high. Still, I'll sit this out because I can't take responsibility for something this expensive.

It's a wonderful offer, though.

37 1,731
 05-17-2012, 06:19 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
(05-17-2012, 05:02 PM)Dave Wrote: I am tossing around the idea of doing a Tradere Tour for Nook Members. Here's my issues with doing so.

First of all is the cost of it. It's a great razor, but it's also $150. The 1912 that is touring on another site cost me $10 and the Schick that's touring him cost a bit more than that. With that being said, who would be up for it? The only thing I'd ask is that you please ship the razor boxed with priority shipping, tracking, and insurance.

you could send it to Shave Nation's GeoFatBoy, I'd love to see him do a YouTube video review of the razor!

he has a face of leather, considering his DE shaving angle Tongue , but his reviews still provide good insight.

plus, he usually lets his hair-growth come out before he does a review... just a thought

9 1,684
 05-17-2012, 06:27 PM
User Info
Dave, you are very generous. I would not participate as I'm only interested in the slant and after that hopefully an open comb injector! Winky

31 7,912
 05-17-2012, 07:10 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Dave, good idea. I sent my $175 Feather AS on a 6-month tour a while back so I do understand the concerns that go along with loaning out such a pricey razor. I think you have the right thought process behind the "conditions" and the tour could be a lot of fun. I have my own Tradere so I won't participate. Best of luck!

35 2,703
 05-18-2012, 04:45 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Thank you Dave for this very generous offer. I would be definitely interested in participating in the tour.

100 12,437
 05-18-2012, 04:49 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
(05-17-2012, 06:19 PM)gijames Wrote:
(05-17-2012, 05:02 PM)Dave Wrote: I am tossing around the idea of doing a Tradere Tour for Nook Members. Here's my issues with doing so.

you could send it to Shave Nation's GeoFatBoy, I'd love to see him do a YouTube video review of the razor!

he has a face of leather, considering his DE shaving angle Tongue , but his reviews still provide good insight.

plus, he usually lets his hair-growth come out before he does a review... just a thought

I think he can probably afford his own Tradere hehe.

116 3,804
 05-18-2012, 06:18 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Sound like a great idea and I'm sure there would be many interested in trying this much anticipated razor. I won't participate however, as I'm in Australia (postage just takes too long) and more importantly I've got my own en route!

91 17,798
 05-18-2012, 07:33 AM
User Info
i think that would be great, and would love to participate. I have the handle and am on the wait list for the OC head. I certainly understand the hesitation in sending an expensive item on tour.

That being said, I think your conditions as to participation would severely limit the risk. Should this idea come

FYI, you are currently at 666 posts. Eeeeek

14 210
 05-18-2012, 04:17 PM
User Info
What a very generous offer, my friend! Unfortunately, being in the 53rd state, opps, did i just say that, i mean Canada, it would be too expensive for you US lads to ship here and then likewise to ship back to the US. Good luck with the tour if it manifests!
Dave, you are a fantastically generous individual!

75 20,883
 05-18-2012, 04:36 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
I'm always interested in trying new razors. I definitely understand the apprehension though.

35 1,732
 05-18-2012, 06:16 PM
  • Theido
  • Shave Stick Proponent
  • Colorado
User Info
It would be great to have a chance to try it. I would totally be down for it if you decide to do it.

I also understand it's a significantly expensive razor and if you don't want to due to the cost I think everyone here would understand. I only mention this as a Sheraton was "lost" on a tour around another forum.

1 111
 05-19-2012, 03:23 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Perhaps you could divide the cost of the razor by the number of interested parties . Everyone then contributes a small amount and gets the opportunity to try the razor. At the end of the PIF sell the razor on the BST and donate the money to charity...

Just an idea to offset the expense to an individual.

91 17,798
 05-21-2012, 05:08 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
It's a good idea but I'm not selling the razor. I'll hold onto my Tradere forever, simply because it was made by a friend, not just a razor manufacturer.

116 3,804
 05-22-2012, 03:32 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
(05-21-2012, 05:08 PM)Dave Wrote: It's a good idea but I'm not selling the razor. I'll hold onto my Tradere forever, simply because it was made by a friend, not just a razor manufacturer.

I didn't realise you had already purchased the razor. My suggestion was made on the basis that the razor was being purchased with the express purpose of going on tour.

I'm really looking forward to the arrival of mine!

91 17,798
 05-23-2012, 08:58 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
I would be up for this one as well, but at that price i would think mmaybe you should keep this one conus only and leave customs out of it, and i dont think shipping with tracking number and insurance would be to much to ask, pypal does a great job with the shipping options they offer

3 748
 05-24-2012, 06:55 AM
  • turtle
  • Lost in the lather
User Info
Very generous and thought full pass around offer.

Many people have a group promoted interest in expensive razors but just can't justify trying them all so a high end pass around is the answer to their prayers.

I would not be in as I was an early purchaser of this razor but I am sure that many SN members would be thrilled to try this razor before they make the decision to pull the trigger on one.

You might want to limit the user's "in den time" to a week or 10 days per user/participant and limit the list to a set number of members so that you know how long it will be gone. Once you get it back you can send it out again to another fixed set of SN members.

Just a thought....

6 132
 05-24-2012, 03:00 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
(05-24-2012, 06:55 AM)turtle Wrote: Very generous and thought full pass around offer.

Many people have a group promoted interest in expensive razors but just can't justify trying them all so a high end pass around is the answer to their prayers.

I would not be in as I was an early purchaser of this razor but I am sure that many SN members would be thrilled to try this razor before they make the decision to pull the trigger on one.

You might want to limit the user's "in den time" to a week or 10 days per user/participant and limit the list to a set number of members so that you know how long it will be gone. Once you get it back you can send it out again to another fixed set of SN members.

Just a thought....

nice thought! those type of parameters could make it a very manageable tour

9 1,684
 05-24-2012, 03:41 PM
  • biggiej42
  • Looney for Rooney
  • Stony Point, NY
User Info
I'd love to give it a shot, but as said before, I'd hate to be responsible for something so expensive. I do want to try it out, but if it were me, I'd send it to a member, have it sent back, then send it out to another, just to inspect it each time. Of course i'd ask for shipping charges, but it's one way you can keep track and make sure no one damages it and passes it on.

9 408