05-17-2012, 05:42 PM
User Info
I've been trying to find the tin that Merkur sells with their Futur and Vision razors, but I can't find anything. I received a Futur set for Christmas and it came in a Col. Conk box and nothing more. As far as I know the kit (razor, brush, razor & brush stand and a tiny bowl with the Merkur logo) cost more than $360 (I didn't pay for it) and it didn't even come with the freakin tin.

Is there any place to buy the tin or do I need to buy the gift kit to get it? That's not going to happen. It's really stupid how new razors come with nothing but a paper box. I've seen the plastic case they made, but I've never seen it in stock anywhere, besides, I doubt a Futur would fit inside of it. I never use the razor and would like to have the tin to keep it in.

9 451
 05-23-2012, 05:45 PM
User Info
My new chrome Futur came in a very plain paper box with a single Merkur blade. I know the Vision 2000 still comes in the metal box, but it definitely isn't guaranteed for the futur. I use the Omega 226 stand to stable it when not in use. Good luck finding the blue metal tin for the razor. I also have the leather Futur case from Merkur with their logo on it for road trips and long term storage. Check WCS for it, I think I paid about $16.

0 37
 05-23-2012, 06:47 PM
User Info
Good luck, John. i had no idea a tin was available!

75 20,883
 05-23-2012, 08:56 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
johnny did you try sending an eail to merkur thru the website, most venders are pretty good about those kinds of things, though with all the manufacturing issues merkur has with the suppliers at the moment they may be having issues getting them themselves

3 748
 05-24-2012, 02:38 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
My gold Futur came in the flimsy cardboard box. I've never seen the tin.

However I have purchased a Muhle tin:

[attachment=2409]

A plastic case from Merkur is available:

[attachment=2410]

It only fits the short handle models.

91 17,798
 05-24-2012, 10:56 AM
User Info
(05-23-2012, 08:56 PM)syngent Wrote: johnny did you try sending an eail to merkur thru the website, most venders are pretty good about those kinds of things, though with all the manufacturing issues merkur has with the suppliers at the moment they may be having issues getting them themselves

Yeah I sent Dovo/Merkur an email when I posted this, but haven't received a response.

9 451
 05-24-2012, 11:09 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
The're probably thinking, crazy American, he's got the razor, what else does he need.Undecided

173 23,490
 05-24-2012, 12:31 PM
  • TexBilly
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I can appreciate your angst, Johnny. I hate to see my orphan razors lying around all unprotected. Undecided Good luck with your search.

35 2,703
 05-24-2012, 01:55 PM
User Info
I too did not receive a tin with my chrome Futur. It arrived exactly as my other Merkurs in their typical cardboard box and one blade. I wasn't expecting anything more though it would have been a nice gesture. I'm not complaining as I got exactly what I ordered. I'll be following this thread, I would be willing to buy one should that option be available.

In lieu of that option, I've been looking to find a nice cedar cigar box with the intention of carefully trimming a foam insert to hold several of my nicer razors (various manufacturers) that also did not come with presentation boxes. I think it would be cool to have a display case for these.

I'll ask this out of curiosity, I've been wondering if anyone had ordered something similar to the offers I see available? These offers typically include 10 wooden cigar boxes for around $20. The pictures always show the set with at least one very nice box thrown in with the more typical less costly boxes. I wanted to know if anyone has actually received one of the better boxes or if it's just a crap shoot. I would like to start out with a nicer box from the get go.

0 145
 05-24-2012, 02:42 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
I have only seen the tin that holds the Vision which comes with blades and instruction sheet but I have never seen a Futur in a tin.

100 12,437
 05-24-2012, 03:10 PM
User Info
(05-24-2012, 02:42 PM)slantman Wrote: I have only seen the tin that holds the Vision which comes with blades and instruction sheet but I have never seen a Futur in a tin.

Itls the Futur gift box set. You can see them in google images.
It's not a big deal really, I just wanted the tin to store it in and it would be nice to have a branded case. I don't think many manufactures care about the 'presentation' any more--excluding Feather. Their box is simple, yet very nice looking.

As for the plastic Merkur case, yeah, it's too short for the Futur, either way, I've never seen it in stock at any vendor sites. The only Merkur I own is the Futur and it's a dust collector. My Hoffritz slant has a metal case, so I don't need the plastic one anyway.

9 451
 05-27-2012, 04:58 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
It would appear the tin is only supplied with the Vision...
[attachment=2506]

91 17,798
 05-27-2012, 06:56 AM
User Info
Ok, believe me, there is a tin. Eyepop

[Image: MG12810614732808_LG.jpg]

[Image: 300x300_cd53eddd243a0dcb11709e4fd6f3e58c.jpg]

I'd prefer not to buy another razor just to get it and considering that I don't use it (not my favorite razor) I would really like a factory box to keep it in. It was a Christmas gift from my Mother, so I can't sell it. I was hoping a vendor may be able to help me out.

Still no reply from Dovo/Merkur, BTW.

9 451
 05-27-2012, 07:39 AM
User Info
Yes there is a tin, I have the big blue one with one of my Futur's.

7 1,179