07-19-2014, 07:45 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
I absolutely loved Parker Penman Sapphire Ink when it was sold. It was a beautiful ink for signatures and such.

I haven't tried any new inks in some time, but does anyone remember this ink and know of anything similar that is currently available?

Thanks -

- Murray

4 1,150
 07-19-2014, 07:56 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Murray, one place to try is the Goulet Pen Company. They have several comparison tools, including for the inks they sell. The nice thing about the Goulets is that you can purchase 2ml samples of their inks so you don't have to commit to a full bottle before you try it. Here is the link to where they compare the blue inks they carry: http://www.gouletpens.com/Swab_Shop_Blue_s/817.htm.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

EDIT: How about this: http://www.gouletpens.com/Private_Reserv...r23dcb.htm?

2 11,211
 07-19-2014, 10:19 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
User Info
Thanks, Freddy!

That Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue is in the neighborhood.

I think the Noodler's Blue and Noodler's Baystate Blue are even closer.

I'm looking for a rich, saturated, slightly electric blue that is fairly opaque. I don't care for watery ink like Sheaffer's.

Thanks again for the leads, Freddy.

- Murray

4 1,150
 07-20-2014, 03:47 AM
User Info
(07-19-2014, 10:19 PM)CMur12 Wrote: Thanks, Freddy!

I'm looking for a rich, saturated, slightly electric blue that is fairly opaque. I don't care for watery ink like Sheaffer's.

- Murray

Murray,
My wife has beeen on the search for a blue ink just as you describe. She loved the Noodlers Bay State Blue. But there are many reported cases of this ink being troublesome. A google or Fountain Pen Network search will bring up threads, reviews and discussions.

Reported problems were staining, clogging and actual damage to pens.

My wife inked one pen with it and had only staining problems. But after reading the reviews we decided it was not worth the risk. I personally am NOT saying BSB is a bad ink. We just choose to err on the side of caution and not use it. We use other Noodler's colors with no problems.

So far my wife's favorite blue is Pilot Iroshizuku Kon Peki. Great handling ink with the color you desire.

Phil

7 363
 07-20-2014, 09:03 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
(07-20-2014, 03:47 AM)PhilNH5 Wrote:
(07-19-2014, 10:19 PM)CMur12 Wrote: Thanks, Freddy!

- Murray

Murray,
My wife has beeen on the search for a blue ink just as you describe. She loved the Noodlers Bay State Blue. But there are many reported cases of this ink being troublesome. A google or Fountain Pen Network search will bring up threads, reviews and discussions.

Reported problems were staining, clogging and actual damage to pens.

My wife inked one pen with it and had only staining problems. But after reading the reviews we decided it was not worth the risk. I personally am NOT saying BSB is a bad ink. We just choose to err on the side of caution and not use it. We use other Noodler's colors with no problems.

So far my wife's favorite blue is Pilot Iroshizuku Kon Peki. Great handling ink with the color you desire.

Phil

Signs011 Phil said it best. While I have not used Noodler's Bay State Blue there seems to be a real love/hate relationship with this ink for just the reasons Phil states. My advice, if the color intrigues you, would be to get a sample and try it in an inexpensive pen.

2 11,211
 07-21-2014, 01:16 AM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
User Info
Thank you, Phil. That is definitely worth knowing. Great to know that someone else (your wife) is looking for the same thing.

Thanks, Freddy, for the added suggestion.

- Murray

4 1,150
 07-21-2014, 04:55 AM
User Info
(07-21-2014, 01:16 AM)CMur12 Wrote: Thank you, Phil. That is definitely worth knowing. Great to know that someone else (your wife) is looking for the same thing.

Thanks, Freddy, for the added suggestion.

- Murray

Murray,
It was a tough decision for ML not to use the Bay State Blue. In her quest for the "Perfect Mary Lou Blue" the BSB was/is her favorite color. But for all the above reasons it is not being used in any of her pens.

The Kon Peki is her favorite (for nowBiggrin )

Good luck in your search. Trying new inks is a lot of fun.

Phil

7 363
 07-21-2014, 09:02 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
Murray, let us know what you finally decide upon. Smile

2 11,211
 07-21-2014, 11:20 AM
User Info
Parker Sapphire was the best, it is missed!
Brought to you by Nokia Icon & Tapatalk

0 53