07-22-2014, 08:32 AM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I had to come to the Nook to show off and share my new Zen Shaving brush turned from bloodwood into an artistic take on an M7ish mixed w/Zen brush detailing. She stands at 62mm with a two band bulb knot that is a gel tipped beauty! It's 24x51 according to my calipers and very unique in my collection by having the most gel of gel type hair I've ever usedAngel The brush is great for bowl lathering and still a joy to use for face lathering. The natural grain and woodwork done by Rob is incredible...I'm very glad add this unique twist on a great handle shape is in my lot!

Here she is out of the mail package!
[Image: k7q6jv9.jpg]

Now some bloom!
[Image: ALXQsdC.jpg]

4 794
 07-22-2014, 08:40 AM
User Info
That is excellent looking! Who is the maker of the knot?

31 1,800
 07-22-2014, 08:48 AM
  • jamesrobson5
  • Chubby Chaser... Big Brush is Best!
  • Sherwood Park AB Canada!
User Info
Great looking brush. Congratulations!

28 1,622
 07-22-2014, 08:58 AM
User Info
Beautiful. I wouldn't mind knowing more about the entire acquisition process.

~~~~
Primo

39 3,918
 07-22-2014, 10:27 AM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
Thank you guys for the complements!

Ahhh the knot...The maker declined to answer when I asked, I assumed he considers it something like a trade secretLightbulb I really wanted to know, so I could buy from whomever the knot maker is, assuming its still avlb. I guess.

Primotenore, he has a website zenshave.com, it happens to be down right now, but the web page says it's only to allow time to add pics of new inventory! I know he does customs too, and offers six knot choices BEST,FINEST,SILVERTIP all in either fan or bulb. He also offers the option to glue or not to glue the knot... or just purchase the handles alone w/o knots. The knot prices for the quality I'm experiencing, represent amazing valueExclamation There are also razor handles, and bowls available too...Overall an easy transaction from a Gent whom is a true professional = Long live Zen Shave!

4 794
 07-22-2014, 12:59 PM
User Info
(07-22-2014, 10:27 AM)LORDBISHOP Wrote: Thank you guys for the complements!

Ahhh the knot...The maker declined to answer when I asked, I assumed he considers it something like a trade secretLightbulb I really wanted to know, so I could buy from whomever the knot maker is, assuming its still avlb. I guess.

Primotenore, he has a website zenshave.com, it happens to be down right now, but the web page says it's only to allow time to add pics of new inventory! I know he does customs too, and offers six knot choices BEST,FINEST,SILVERTIP all in either fan or bulb. He also offers the option to glue or not to glue the knot... or just purchase the handles alone w/o knots. The knot prices for the quality I'm experiencing, represent amazing valueExclamation There are also razor handles, and bowls available too...Overall an easy transaction from a Gent whom is a true professional = Long live Zen Shave!

Your eminence! Wink
I really appreciate this information. I am not sure why one would not want the knot glued, unless there is the intention to swap out the knot?
Enjoy that beautiful brush and I am sure we'll see it again on the SOTD thread.
~~~~
Primo

39 3,918
 07-22-2014, 02:25 PM
User Info
Very nice variation of the classic M7 design.

50 6,049
 07-22-2014, 03:28 PM
User Info
Rob does make some beautiful handles! Congratulations, my friend! Biggrin

82 21,077
 07-22-2014, 04:53 PM
User Info
(07-22-2014, 12:59 PM)primotenore Wrote:

Your eminence! Wink
I really appreciate this information. I am not sure why one would not want the knot glued, unless there is the intention to swap out the knot?
~~~~
Primo

I have upon occasion glued a knot in and then wish I would have used a different loft. I would prefer to glue in my own knot myself.

31 1,800
 07-22-2014, 05:17 PM
User Info
(07-22-2014, 04:53 PM)Bowhnter Wrote:
(07-22-2014, 12:59 PM)primotenore Wrote:

Your eminence! Wink
~~~~
Primo

I have upon occasion glued a knot in and then wish I would have used a different loft. I would prefer to glue in my own knot myself.

Interesting. Never even considered that.

~~~~
Primo

39 3,918
 07-22-2014, 05:22 PM
User Info
Gorgeous brush!

147 3,534
 07-22-2014, 06:09 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Stunning brush. I love his handles. After seeing Celestino's brush, I had to order one, but like good food, I couldn't "eat" just one and had to order another. We should start a Zen brush club. Congratulations.

38 5,106
 07-22-2014, 07:51 PM
User Info
(07-22-2014, 06:09 PM)evnpar Wrote: We should start a Zen brush club.

Biggrin

82 21,077
 07-22-2014, 08:15 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
It's great to read many kind words! This really is a sweet brush, and like other Gents have mentioned, I ordered a second brush a little over a week after getting this beautyAngel I haven't yet received the second brush but of course some photos will follow...I'm confident this new Zen brush will be just as impressive as this "Bloodwood Bomber" I'm blessed to have nowCool

-I'd be in for a Zen brush crew too -evnpar

4 794
 07-27-2014, 09:18 AM
User Info
(07-22-2014, 05:22 PM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: Gorgeous brush!

+1 love the wood.

0 1,007
 07-29-2014, 08:47 AM
User Info
Thats nice

0 10
 07-31-2014, 10:17 AM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
Here's the latest Zen brush additionAngel Wonderfully soft knot with nice gel-like tips...A bit less "gel-like" than my other Zen brush with a two-band knot, although still has the gel character above all else. This one is Bubinga wood and has a nice weight to it and has a totally different feel in hand than the M7ish type I posted above before. This new brush is great for both bowl lathering by using just the bottom half of the brush and also face lathering where the butt of the handle sits nicely in the palm...Also this brush came ith a lovely wood gift box that fits the brush prfectlyLightbulbJust Amazing quality/value/uniqueness! The knots feel of nice quality and the hair is just fantastic...only time will tell if the knots hold up, but so far one brush has lost two hairs, and the new brush only one. As for the handles, I'm sure a little polishing here and there will make these lovely brushes last year after year.

It's time to start the "Zen Brush" Club Gentlemen! Post your beauties please! Maybe someone can think of a better name for the club too?!?!
[Image: Jz8oWEA.jpg]

And one more w/some more daylight!Biggrin

[Image: oBAkzXH.jpg]

4 794
 08-02-2014, 11:29 AM
  • pc4406
  • Vintage Shearer
  • San Francisco
User Info
I am pleased to add my endorsement and pictures of my Zenshave brush. I think that Rob does wonderful work. The handles are well designed, interesting, and well crafted. They are just a pleasure to see. His knots are remarkable. I too wish that I knew his source.

Here is my brush. It is Amboyna Burl with a 24mm finest bulb, set at 52mm loft.

First, right out of the box.
[Image: otxLQBSl.jpg]

After a lathering.
[Image: k3bijvRl.jpg]

An excellent brush. I'm sure it won't be my last.

73 302
 08-02-2014, 12:39 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
That is a unique and cool looking brush! It certainly has that Zen detail...The natural wood burl for the top half of the brush is gorgeous Cool

4 794