07-22-2014, 11:11 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I'm looking to buy (or trade for) a set of beginner honing stones (220, 1k, 4k, 8k) and a flattening/lapping plate. (1k stone found!)
I've received a BNIB Naniwa 10k stone and 4 straight razors in a recent trade and now I find I need all the stones below that.
I'm beginning the process of restoring the most beat-up razor (no edge at all...completely blunt). Because this is a learning process for me, I'm hoping that one of you have an older set of stones that you've outgrown or no longer need and can pass them on to a relative newbie like me.
If you know of a good learner set somewhere on the web, please post below.
If you have something which may suit, and want to sell/trade, please PM me.
Check the "acquisitions" threads, I have a ridiculously large amount of software available to trade. I also have a L-3 Gillette Slim adjustable in fabulous condition.

47 1,949
 07-24-2014, 10:30 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
User Info
First post edited. 1k stone acquired. Still looking for 4k/8k stone(s) and a flattening/lapping plate.

47 1,949
 07-28-2014, 09:07 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
User Info
Well, I've broken down and ordered a Naniwa combo 3k/8k stone and DMT 8c (325) plate from StraightRazorDesigns.
So, once they all arrive, I'll have a full set of Naniwa (1k, 3k/8k, 10k) and a DMT lapping plate. I'm well and truly on the road to ruination now!
Thread can be closed now. Thanks TSN.

47 1,949