07-22-2014, 11:27 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
I just saw this at the How To Grow a Mustache website.

[Image: open_comb_safety_razor_modern_htgam_symm...1399056026]

Has anyone tried this razor? Looks a lot like a Parker OC or RazoRock/Cadet, but with some custom laser etching on the top plate. Very interesting looking razor and at $30 seems like a good deal. I have not seen any recent posts on it here, so trying to see if anyone has any experience with it.

26 1,758
 07-22-2014, 12:28 PM
User Info
Nice looking razor probably made by Cadet or Parker.

122 13,216
 07-22-2014, 01:13 PM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
I just placed an order for one. I have a Cadet/RazoRock OC and really like it, but never tried Parker. Perhaps the same razor made by the same manufacturer in India? In any case, I love the handle on the HTGAM Symmetry and the top plate etching is way cool, so why not... I actually have not used anything other than my 1922 Big Fellow with a New Improved head in a very long time. Simply have no desire to move away from that, but will definitely try another OC from what looks like a very good design heritage.

26 1,758
 08-03-2014, 08:58 AM
  • vferdman
  • Artisan
  • Western Massachusetts
User Info
My Symmetry razor arrived and I have waited a while before using it. I realized as soon as I unboxed it that it was pretty much a clone of a RazoRock/Cadet open comb head with a very cool mustache engraving on the top plate and a really, really nice handle that's longer and more grippy than most RR/Cadet offerings. I finally shaved with this razor my previous shave and really enjoyed it. No surprises. It is a RR/Cadet open comb clone, which is a great thing for me as I really enjoy my RR Little Bastone OC. Fit and finish is very good for a $30 razor. It is heavy and well balanced. The handle is excellent. The shave is medium aggressive, just like the RR/Cadet OC. Great shaver at a good price.

[Image: hhSi2bS.jpg]

26 1,758
 08-03-2014, 09:27 AM
User Info
Nice review. And a great pic.
Thanks.

Phil

7 363
 08-03-2014, 10:09 AM
User Info
Excellent review great pictures. Love the HTGAM logo on the head.

122 13,216
 08-05-2014, 03:13 PM
User Info
I have one of these and really like it. It's in my rotation of regularly used razors. To me it seems like a medium as far as aggressiveness goes. I like Astra blades in it, get great shaves.

2 51