07-23-2014, 06:13 PM
User Info
Based on the performance of the Wet Earth and Mountain, I made contact with Manuel and ordered the Nail Laurel Cedar and the Eastern Breeze.

The Eastern Breeze is amazing both in scent and performance. Speaking of the scent, I would be hard pressed to describe the scent; very complex and I cannot pick up any singular scent. All I know is that it is very nice. The lather and shave comfort it provides is top notch.

The Nail Laurel Cedar is similar in performance. Concerning the scent, the Cedar is noticeable...I have no idea what Nail is but, overall, this soap has a wonderful scent. Manuel said he is no longer producing this soap due to its lack of popularity. He let me get this tub for 10 Euros and I assume this was his last tub. I am surprised this was not a better seller for him. Happy I was able to grab a tub.

I am not as seasoned as some folks here and probably have not used as many soaps; however, I have used quite a few soaps over the years. I say this because Manuel's soaps are the best I have ever used - second to none. I do not know how he does it, but he has found the right formula with his soaps...I would change nothing. Plus, Manuel is a cool guy with which to deal. Dollar-for-dollar, this has to be one of the best values going.

Ed

21 751
 07-23-2014, 06:35 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Thanks for the discussion of Nail Laurel Cedar, although I'm sorry to hear that he has stopped production. I agree that his soaps are some of the best. I sometimes forget to use them, as there have been so many other excellent soaps to try lately, but something like this thread always gets them back in my rotation. I enjoy floral scents, and Rosas, Violetas, and Floral are hard to beat.

38 5,029
 07-23-2014, 08:59 PM
User Info
Excelent soaps, IMHO up there with the big boys like MDC.

10 605
 07-24-2014, 01:00 AM
User Info
I'd love to hear more of a description on eastern breeze if you care to give it another go.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

0 84
 07-24-2014, 04:06 AM
User Info
I also love Manuel's soaps - JABONAMN - and now that he produced a limited editon to Barbear Clássico Portuguese Forum.
-- PEPPERILLA --

13 1,313
 07-24-2014, 06:17 AM
User Info
As for "nail" -- clavo also means clove in Spanish. Smile

8 896
 07-24-2014, 07:28 AM
User Info
(07-24-2014, 06:17 AM)Rory1262 Wrote: As for "nail" -- clavo also means clove in Spanish. Smile

Thanks and this helps me understand the sent. The actual name on the soap is " Clavo Cedro Laurel".

Ed

21 751
 07-24-2014, 08:38 AM
User Info
I had a "bad" version of wet earth that just wouldn't lather. When I contacted Manuel he apologized and promptly replaced it with a "good" version. It turns out he was trying out some different ingredients that didn't work out as well as expected. Once I lathered the replaced soap I was completely blown away. Its definitely in my top 3 based on both performance and scent. Manuel included a sample of his citrus soap and it was also fantastic. Manuel seems to be a master with the scents. I will always have a Jabonman soap in my den as long as he continues to make them.

0 68