07-24-2014, 05:40 AM
  • Bsohne
  • NY TRISTATE AREA
User Info
Hi everyone...

Not sure of this is the right forum.... I bought this kit off ebay Uk a while ago... I was totally excited to get it ... All sterling silver caps / stoppers and had a great Gillette vintage razor...

The sad part was the seller packed it like crap, to be plain spoken. EVERY piece of glassware was either cracked , chipped or shattered !!!

[Image: kit_zps1f852499.jpg]

These are the before pics.... (I was too freaked out top take after ones...)

[Image: raz3_zpse7288630.jpg]

[Image: raz1_zpsf103aa9c.jpg]

[Image: raz2_zps41bf70fc.jpg]

So The razor is ok .. the briefcase is ok , and I have a lot of british sterling silver caps and stoppers.. Does anyone know a source where I can match these up to new jars ? or is my only option is to scrap the silver ?

3 66
 07-24-2014, 12:17 PM
User Info
I would keep on googling this kit; I'm sure some of these bottle will suffice up. . Antique shops will be your best friend too... There is sections of odd bottles, take your caps with u and match up.

1 73
 07-24-2014, 07:47 PM
  • Bsohne
  • NY TRISTATE AREA
User Info
Hi

did not know... but it must be like finding a needle in a haystack !

best

bill

3 66
 07-29-2014, 03:46 AM
User Info
That's a shame. I'm sorry that happened to you. saying that, it probably comes down to how much you like the rest of the kit--in other words, are the unbroken components worth the price you paid? If you're really unhappy, have you considered explaining the situation to the seller and asking him(her?) to replace the broken glassware? My thinking is (a) the seller's responsible for the merchandise through the time it's delivered to you and (b) the seller might have a better handle on where to find replacements.

I wish you a good outcome!

2 618
 08-13-2014, 11:29 AM
  • Grumpy
  • DisneyLand
User Info
That is a shame and I am sorry that it happened to you.

Personally, I bought a mug on e-bay a while back ... Old Spice Ceramic and the seller didn't pack it right either and the handle broke.

Some people don't think about what happens when they ship a package.

1 819