07-25-2014, 08:08 AM
User Info
SCENT

Our newest aftershave is Sandalwood and the initial feedback is positive.

Here is a pic of The Captain in his lab coat hard at work:

[Image: dxiLGvLl.jpg]

Let's do this - I will give away five free sample vials to the first five to respond to this thread by posting, "PM Sent." Then send me your mailing address to: captainschoicestore@me.com

Once there are five who have posted, "PM Sent" then the free offer is all used up!

But wait, before you respond you need to be willing to post a brief review right here in this thread once you have evaluated it. The deadline for reviews to be posted is Wednesday, August 6. This gives us plenty of time to get the sample to you and for you to try it several times before sharing your thoughts here with the community.

6 323
 07-25-2014, 08:08 AM
  • tdmsu
  • Banned
  • Metro Detroit
User Info
PM Sent.

2 447
 07-25-2014, 08:28 AM
  • toidbb
  • Overland Park, KS
User Info
Pm sent

9 35
 07-25-2014, 08:43 AM
User Info
pm sent

1 495
 07-25-2014, 08:52 AM
  • Lutebro
  • Olympia, WA
User Info
Pm sent!

58 1,312
 07-25-2014, 08:57 AM
User Info
PM Sent

0 1,007
 07-25-2014, 08:57 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Missed by seconds............

4 2,689
 07-25-2014, 09:03 AM
User Info
(07-25-2014, 08:57 AM)Coyote Wrote: Missed by seconds............

Sorry Bob, However, if you makes you feel better I sent you a little gift.

0 1,007
 07-25-2014, 10:31 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Biggrin Appreciated Aaron, but you sure didn't need to. I just hope the blades I sent work for you.

I think Capt. Scott has another winner coming up on his hands.

4 2,689
 07-25-2014, 11:05 AM
User Info
(07-25-2014, 10:31 AM)Coyote Wrote: Biggrin Appreciated Aaron, but you sure didn't need to. I just hope the blades I sent work for you.

I think Capt. Scott has another winner coming up on his hands.

Well, I am going to break one out on Sunday. I hope its good, I'm celebrating my 29th wedding anniversary. No pressure.

0 1,007
 07-25-2014, 11:35 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Aaron, congratulations to your wife and you on the upcoming 29th anniversary. May you have many more happy ones. Smile

2 11,211
 07-30-2014, 09:21 AM
  • toidbb
  • Overland Park, KS
User Info
I was one of the lucky few who received a sample, and I wanted to provide my initial thoughts:

I have used it twice, yesterday and today. The scent right off the bottle is strong, and very nice. And when the Captain says it is straight Sandalwood he means it... If you like it, you will like this.

As for application, yesterday I actually made sure that I used an aggressive razor and hurried a bit, knowing that I would have some irritation afterwards. I also went ahead and used a little more than I would normally to test for durability of the scent.

At first, there is definitely a typical burn. but I was very surprised that it very quickly subsided and man does it calm down any skin irritation. So that is a plus. Since I used more than usual, it did feel a little sticky until it completely dried/was absorbed.

The scent lasted about 45 minutes to a little over an hour, that I could detect. I do think though since this is a straight forward scent, (apparently there is no side notes, and I would agree), if ones nose becomes accustomed to it. Meaning that after a while the one wearing it cannot smell it anymore.

The second use today, I went ahead and used my regular amount, but it still surprised me with how quickly after the burn it stops and soothes. As for the scent, I again noticed it for about an hour. Since I used more yesterday, I would have expected a difference in time for the duration. That not being the case, my hypothesis that due to its uncomplicated scent, my nose might just be growing accustomed to it after that time.

I will continue to use this for a few more days, and provide any other observations later.

9 35
 07-30-2014, 03:47 PM
User Info
I will definitely try this when it goes on sale.

48 5,713
 07-31-2014, 06:28 AM
  • tdmsu
  • Banned
  • Metro Detroit
User Info
I tried my sample today, and here are some first impressions:

The scent is straight sandalwood, as advertised. I like the simplicity and the warmth of it. It kind of puts me in the mind of Proraso Red soap, which I will use with it tomorrow. Both must use EO instead of FO.

It opens with the expected alcohol burn, but dries down very quickly to a soothing, pure sandalwood.

I can still smell a whiff or two a couple hours after my shave, but it does not seem strong or overpowering.

I could easily see myself buying this when it goes on sale. Great job, Cap!

Paul

2 447
 08-01-2014, 09:56 AM
  • toidbb
  • Overland Park, KS
User Info
A quick update after using the product for an additional 2 days.

I am still surprised at how well it soothes the skin after the initial burn.

For the last two days I have not used any cologne to make sure that I could smell the scent for as long as possible. It appears the the scent starts to fade in earnest by the hour and a half mark. And after about 2 hours I can no longer smell it, either because of having gotten used to it, or it having dissipated.

9 35
 08-01-2014, 10:57 AM
  • tdmsu
  • Banned
  • Metro Detroit
User Info
Day two: I'm really liking the scent - it matches well with Proraso Red, which also uses sandalwood EO, I believe. I had more sting this time, but that could be due to my technique or prep today, and not the aftershave. The sting faded fast, and my skin feels great now.

This is a top notch product.

2 447
 08-02-2014, 05:24 AM
  • tdmsu
  • Banned
  • Metro Detroit
User Info
Day three was just as good as the others. Today I paired it with Tabac soap, and it works. I like that the alcohol smack is short, but it sure does remind me to keep working on my technique. Smile

2 447