07-25-2014, 12:18 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
This weekend, I'd like to offer two nice single edge razor sets for sale. Both of these sets include wedge blades that can be maintained and used for years and years to come. But the very nicest thing about the razors is that they also take disposable single edge razor blades, so you don't have to fuss with hones and strops if you don't want. The razors are both very hefty and extremely well made.

Payment via Paypal. Prices include shipping in the US. If you are not in the US, we can talk about adding a few extra dollars to cover the shipping difference.

[Image: Wedges1.jpg]

[Image: Wedges2.jpg]

On the left is the Henckels Rapide. The set includes the velvet lined leather box, three wedge blades, a stropping device, a stropper handle, and a hone. The leather box has some cracks in the leather on the edges of the lid but maintains its integrity and houses the set very nicely. Two of the wedge blades have excellent, intact edges and were professionally honed in the last year. The third blade has tiny chips from the corners which will not affect its use. To use the stropping device, one would have to obtain a piece of leather of the right size - I did not receive the original strop with this set. The stropper handle is designed to hold the blades for hand stropping, but the attachment to hold the blades was lost before I purchased the set. Finally, the hone is an Aloxite safety blade hone. Pretty cool old kit. I'd like $100.

SOLD On the right is the C.V. Heljestrand razor, made for a shop called Kindal in France. This set includes a very nice leather bound case with red satin interior. The set is complete, and includes the razor, stropping attachment, and 8 blades. The blades are labeled with the days of the week. Two of the blades have chips in their edges and are for display only. The others have intact edges, and I have had one of them professionally honed. I'd like $100. SOLD

Thanks for looking. I will be at work this evening and will not be able to respond to inquiries until late this evening or early tomorrow morning.

43 1,698
 07-26-2014, 05:09 PM
User Info
Absolutely beautiful sets, Andrew, and I believe a very good price. It is hard to come by sets in this condition.

61 487
 07-28-2014, 09:17 AM
  • ojinsa
  • San Antonio
User Info
I've seen these razor sets up close and personally. I think Andrew is understating the beauty and uniqueness of both of these sets. Both are beautiful and both have their own "personality". As an added benefit Andrew is about as solid a guy as I've met, so you can buy with confidence.

27 860
 07-30-2014, 05:15 PM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
My Henckles are really smooth and solid shavers! They are a good solid choice in my line up. The Hjelies are also good but not quite so Germanic solid.
Price was a steal for each of them.
~Richard

8 1,194