05-10-2018, 03:57 PM
User Info
A soap and a cream...I had not thought of that, and will def give it a whirl!

Thanks!

2 19
 05-11-2018, 07:36 AM
User Info
(05-10-2018, 03:57 PM)Ols67 Wrote: A soap and a cream...I had not thought of that, and will def give it a whirl!

Thanks!

My father bowl lather. I face lather.

He puts a dab of cream in the bowl.
Then loads the brush in the soap.

Add drops of water to the bowl.

Then proceeds to build the lather in the bowl. The lather explodes into a thick rich great stable lather for him.

25 6,186
 05-13-2018, 08:52 AM
User Info
I am going to try Boellis Panama 1924 Soap with TOBS Almond Shave Cream tomorrow morning! I will use that silver tip Thater brush, and it will be my second shave with the Oneblade Genesis. Then I will finish it off with Chella Cool Aftershave!

I am really looking forward to my shave now!

Vr

Matt

2 19
 05-13-2018, 11:48 AM
User Info
I only did this in one situation. In the early experimentation phase, I bought a puck of Williams. It was a lot of work to get stable, usable lather, but I was determined. After achieving this a couple of times, I decided it wasn’t worth the effort. To finish the puck, I loaded brush heavily, then added a drop of KMF lavender to the brush and face lathered. Easy, consistent, stable lather.

Other than this exception, I haven’t done this. Seems like an unnecessary step. I guess that’s not really the point though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 162
 05-14-2018, 10:45 AM
User Info
Happy to report that I tried this with that Panama 1924 Soap and TOBS Almond Cream.

I poured boiling water into my lather bowl, and then took a shower. After the shower I dumped the water out, and pressed a little bit of the 1924 into the grooves at the bottom of the bowl. Then I put just a little of the TOBS cream onto my brush, and away I went!

We can call the result some serious synergy! There was so much nice thick, creamy, glistening lather that it got a bit ridiculous. Afterwards I found that there was even a little bit of the soap still left in the grooves at the bottom of the bowl. WoW!

2 19