07-27-2014, 11:50 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Who has experience with these two products? I know, one is a balm, but they only make two products so I thought I would ask about both here.

[Image: zMZIY2a.jpg]

[Image: AF6MaJp.jpg]

175 23,752
 07-27-2014, 05:13 PM
User Info
I use both actually, and am thrilled with the products. It is made especially for sensitive skin, which Is why I first tried them, as my skin is quite sensitive and have had some negative skin reactions to some creams . Not baume.be. It's thick and luxurious and causes me zero irritation. Scent is pleasant too - the best way to describe it is kind of like mango. The balm is wonderful too. In fact last week I ordered my second jar of the shaving cream.

0 12
 07-27-2014, 05:54 PM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Thank you for the information.

175 23,752
 07-27-2014, 08:48 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
I had it, but sold it off just bc I have so many things and I wasn't particularly fond of the scent, which I would describe as a cologne scent. You can also smell the carrot extract, and I think THAT's what turned me off the most and made me sell it. (FWIW, I don't recall any mango scent or any "fruit scent", but who knows!!)
:-)

The performance was actually quite high and deserves more talk.
Very thick cushion!
And quite slick.

But for me, I was okay to pass it on.
To be honest, I only used it a couple times. The carrot extract scent underneath the intended scent just didn't sit well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

57 2,545
 07-27-2014, 10:42 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I found them very good as far as performance goes but there is a carrot smell (carrot oil, a anti-oxidant).

Ingredient list

28 1,433
 07-28-2014, 12:12 AM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
Try Esbjerg Grapefruit if you want to go for something off the beaten path and an excellent light refreshing scent for the summer, and a really great performer… better than Baume.be, IMO

And the Baume.be may be a little heavy for summer… more of an October/November type of scent.

57 2,545
 07-28-2014, 07:03 PM
User Info
First saw this cream on straight razor designs, about a year ago. Didn't buy it because I haven't read any feedback at all, now I'm giving it second thoughts...

10 605
 07-29-2014, 05:36 AM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
My local shaving emporium carries this cream and raves about it. They gave me a sample that was large enough for several shaves. It performed very well and I could find no cause for criticism. Only reason I have not yet purchased a tub is my rotation is already obscenely large. Once I finish off some GFT tubs Baume.be will be in. I give it a solid thumbs up.

0 622
 07-29-2014, 11:51 PM
User Info
(07-29-2014, 05:36 AM)u2u Wrote: My local shaving emporium carries this cream and raves about it. They gave me a sample that was large enough for several shaves. It performed very well and I could find no cause for criticism. Only reason I have not yet purchased a tub is my rotation is already obscenely large. Once I finish off some GFT tubs Baume.be will be in. I give it a solid thumbs up.

May I ask which shaving emporium? If it's not too far from me i'd like to pay them a visit as well.

22 653
 07-30-2014, 05:59 AM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
(07-29-2014, 11:51 PM)Starkicker Wrote:
(07-29-2014, 05:36 AM)u2u Wrote: My local shaving emporium carries this cream and raves about it. They gave me a sample that was large enough for several shaves. It performed very well and I could find no cause for criticism. Only reason I have not yet purchased a tub is my rotation is already obscenely large. Once I finish off some GFT tubs Baume.be will be in. I give it a solid thumbs up.

May I ask which shaving emporium? If it's not too far from me i'd like to pay them a visit as well.

MenEssentials, on Danforth, in Toronto. More than worth a visit if you are nearby or passing through. Cheaper to order on line as if you drop in temptation will almost certainly strike. They are why my rotation has exploded... When you can handle and smell a massive range of quality goods resistance is futile.

0 622
 08-05-2014, 07:17 AM
User Info
I've heard all good things regarding the performance of these products.

73 2,196
 08-06-2014, 04:49 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I had a look at Baume.be the other day at Imperial Shaving. I asked Don, the proprietor of the shop, to show me the latest greatest product, and he pointed me toward Baume.be. It's a soft cream, but I'm told a little goes a very long way. The coloring seems to be from the carrot extract. I found the scent to be very nice, kind of a citrusy cologne if my memory serves me. Mind, you, this was just sniffing an open jar, not lathered product. It is sold in a nice, heavy glass jar, if that makes any difference.

43 1,698
 08-06-2014, 05:33 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I bought the cream and the balm and have done a review on both. Very nice products. Andrew's description is right on.

175 23,752