07-28-2014, 11:11 PM
User Info
I have a bottle of Floid Amber on the way and I was curious as to what people think about it. I have never tried it in my life and I'm hoping it'll be good!

46 1,102
 07-29-2014, 02:23 AM
User Info
I personally love it, it's a top quality product. Regardless of what I bought after it, I always come back to it when I want to treat myself.

It smells powdery, reminds me of Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. Very classic barbershop scent.

Enjoy Smile

1 182
 07-29-2014, 05:52 AM
User Info
I didn't like it initially, but with continued use I really like it now. Black and Vigoroso are my favorite though

1 184
 07-29-2014, 06:20 AM
  • u2u
  • GTA
User Info
I have a large section of aftershaves including Floid Amber and Blue. For the first year the bottles were going down at the same rate. More recently I find myself reaching for Amber more often than not. 400 ml is going to last a long time but I am already contemplating a backup bottle of Amber. A solid performer and, in my opinion, about the best shaving value there is. If you don't find it to your liking, it will be easy to sell and recoup your investment.

0 631
 07-29-2014, 06:39 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I really like it, have several Floids in backup (about 10 total).

28 1,449
 07-29-2014, 03:00 PM
User Info
Great to hear! Cannot wait to test it out tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies! Sounds like its going to be a keeper.

46 1,102
 07-29-2014, 10:41 PM
User Info
After wet shaving for nearly 2 years I think its about time I bought some of this!

0 47
 07-30-2014, 08:45 AM
User Info
(07-29-2014, 10:41 PM)Reevers Wrote: After wet shaving for nearly 2 years I think its about time I bought some of this!

Haha! I will let you know what I think about it later today when the mail comes.

46 1,102
 07-30-2014, 01:25 PM
User Info
Just received my Floid Amber. To me it is very strong. Definite Powdery scent. The dry down is quite nice. Very powdery with a hint of vanilla. But It's most certainly a lot stronger than Floid blue and quite strong upon initial application.

Edit: I will say that this A/S definitely Screams Old School! Every time I sniff it, I think that this is what an old school Italian guy back in 1930's Italy smelled like haha! Its good stuff and hopefully it continues to grow on me. I can still smell this on my skin hours later but in a very nice, subtle way.

46 1,102
 07-30-2014, 04:18 PM
User Info
Okay, So luckily I got the Atomizer and I have to say Amber is really nice with the Atomizer. It doesn't seem as strong which is great for me. I will give it a few more days to see if this one is a keeper!

46 1,102
 07-30-2014, 10:28 PM
User Info
(07-30-2014, 01:25 PM)Ellas318 Wrote: Just received my Floid Amber. To me it is very strong. Definite Powdery scent. The dry down is quite nice. Very powdery with a hint of vanilla. But It's most certainly a lot stronger than Floid blue and quite strong upon initial application.

Edit: I will say that this A/S definitely Screams Old School! Every time I sniff it, I think that this is what an old school Italian guy back in 1930's Italy smelled like haha! Its good stuff and hopefully it continues to grow on me. I can still smell this on my skin hours later but in a very nice, subtle way.

SOLD! I'm going to have to grab some locally this weekend!

0 47
 07-30-2014, 10:47 PM
User Info
That's good you can grab it locally! At least you can test it out first and sniff it. Honestly I did not like it the first time I sniffed it out of the bottle. It does get better as you sniff throughout the day and test it on your skin. You start realizing in your head that this scent is the real old school barbershop scent and you get to liking it a little bit more each time haha!

As for now I like it, but things can always change after a year of owning a bottle! I loved Floid blue (and still do) but after 6 months of it I needed change and Floid Amber finally got the Call!

46 1,102
 07-31-2014, 09:32 PM
User Info
Alright the Verdict is in. I love this stuff! I am still not a huge fan of the first time it hits your skin because of how high the Alochol content is, but After a few seconds the Scent becomes Superb and I really like that it stays on your skin for a very long time. This is definitely some classy stuff.

I can acually smell the alcohol in it though which I was unable to detect in Blue. Is this normal?

Edit: I may have gotten the spanish type thinking it was the Italian.. Which would explain the extra Alcohol. I thought Amber and Blue were always Italian? And Vigoroso and Suave were Spanish? If I do indeed have a Spanish Amber then I need to buy the Italian type to! So expensive.. lol

46 1,102
 08-01-2014, 01:56 AM
  • Gravy
  • England
User Info
It's all made in Spain these days.

You will probably like Vigoroso (much more menthol than the other four) and Suave, if you like Genuine. Those three are a similar family of scents IMO.

0 12
 08-01-2014, 08:19 AM
User Info
Amber and vigorouso and suave are all keepers

3 78
 08-01-2014, 08:45 AM
User Info
I do believe I would really like vigoroso and suave but I am still wondering why the Amber has so much alcohol. I always read it was softer than floid blue and less menthol. I find this to be stronger than floid blue with more menthol.

46 1,102
 08-01-2014, 08:46 AM
User Info
I tried a sample from garry's sample shop.
I love it...would buy it in a heatbeat, but man....it's 400ml and almost $50 bucks.
If Floid made a split like they do for Black or Vigoroso...I'd buy it in a flash.

8 159
 08-01-2014, 08:51 AM
User Info
(08-01-2014, 08:46 AM)digitaldome Wrote: I tried a sample from garry's sample shop.
I love it...would buy it in a heatbeat, but man....it's 400ml and almost $50 bucks.
If Floid made a split like they do for Black or Vigoroso...I'd buy it in a flash.

Did you find it to have a high alcohol scent when you first splashed it on?

Also, These bottles will most likely last you atleast one year if not longer so the investment is certainly worth it especially if you know you like it. Fourteen ounces of Aftershave makes it really worth it!

46 1,102
 04-24-2015, 08:53 AM
User Info
I got a haircut today at my excellent local barbershop. They give you a full treatment with hot cream neck shave, hot towel, and aftershave on the neck.

Today they used Floid Amber, which was new to me. Pleasant, to be sure -- but not a life-changer.
When I went home, I asked my wife what she thought. Her view was much the same: she didn't dislike it, it wasn't a "meh" reaction either, but she didn't go for it in a big way.
Plus, as mentioned above, the stuff lasts -- a bit long for my liking, and it's become a bit cloying (at least on me).

So this is one about which I can safely say "pass".

8 950
 04-24-2015, 09:52 AM
  • clint64
  • Atlanta, GA
User Info
(04-24-2015, 08:53 AM)Rory1262 Wrote: I got a haircut today at my excellent local barbershop. They give you a full treatment with hot cream neck shave, hot towel, and aftershave on the neck.

Today they used Floid Amber, which was new to me. Pleasant, to be sure -- but not a life-changer.
When I went home, I asked my wife what she thought. Her view was much the same: she didn't dislike it, it wasn't a "meh" reaction either, but she didn't go for it in a big way.
Plus, as mentioned above, the stuff lasts -- a bit long for my liking, and it's become a bit cloying (at least on me).

So this is one about which I can safely say "pass".

I received samples of all the most of the Floid and Myrsol aftershaves.  While I like the Flioid Amber, I like the Myrsol F/Extra much better.  

7 1,280