07-29-2014, 11:36 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
For sale are a rare Gillette Popular, some nice brushes, and some top shelf product. I hope everyone finds something they are looking for here. Payment via Paypal, shipping in the US included. I will ship internationally, but will kindly ask the buyer to pay shipping.

First up is a Gillette no. 46 Popular. This uncommon razor is an open comb TTO with a very nice heft to it. Unlike the Senator and Sheraton, this piece has a flat, solid baseplate that gives it a nice heft and balance. The razor is in excellent physical condition, with a perfectly functioning TTO mechanism, straight teeth, and properly aligned doors. The only flaw I see is that the teeth on one side only show brass. I wonder if this is has to do with the case the razor is stored in? The razor ships with case with both blade holders and shipper. I would like $200. REDUCED TO $175

[Image: Pop1.jpg]

[Image: Pop2.jpg]

[Image: Pop4.jpg]

[Image: Pop6.jpg]

Next up are two very nice brushes. I have mixed feelings about selling these, but I am forcing a reduction in my den size.

[Image: PlissonGyle1.jpg]

[Image: PlissonGyle2.jpg]

SOLD The Plisson HMW was purchased by me at a brick and mortar shop new about 2 years ago. It has seen only light use in a large rotation of brushes. I have had both the 3 and the 2 band versions, and my preference is for the 3-band HMW, which has similar backbone but softer tips. As you can see in the photo, this is a densely stuffed knot. The tall loft allows it to open up a bit while lathering for excellent flow through. This brush does not shed. I would like $200. SOLD

SOLD The Simpsons Gary Young Limited Edition (GYLE) M7, in the lighter handle style. I love this brush, and its performance is outstanding. The hair is a special grade selected by a collaboration between Mark Watterson and Gary Young to approximate the feel of the Best grade of hair used back when Gary's family owned the business. I say it is some of the nicest Super Silvertip I have seen in a Simpsons brush. I would like $275. SOLD

Finally, some nice product.

[Image: Product%2520Sale1.jpg]

SOLD First is a limited edition bowl of D.R. Harris Arlington soap. This soap is factory sealed and, thus, unused. I would like $40. SOLD

Next is a lightly used bottle of Czech & Speake no. 88 aftershave. Because of the dark bottle, you will have to take my word that there is at least (and I am being conservative) 90% of the aftershave left. I would like $75.

Finally is an unused, unopened bowl of Creed Vetiver shaving soap. I purchased this new at Neiman Marcus this year. The scent is strong and wonderful. The puck is still sealed in its original wrapping. I would like $85.

43 1,705
 07-29-2014, 11:57 PM
User Info
Amazing items! If this is what you're letting go, what you're retaining must be incredible!

If only I had the funds Sad

GLWTS!

24 664
 07-30-2014, 12:17 AM
User Info
I have always wanted to try Arlington soap. What makes it special edition?

Edit: I just looked it up and figured it was probably a different bowl but its cool that its also numbered. Very cool and very nice products especially the M7!

46 1,102
 07-30-2014, 04:40 AM
User Info
excellent stuff on sale. GLWTS !

1 495
 07-30-2014, 05:52 AM
User Info
What size is the Plisson, and what are the knot diameter and loft?

207 12,354
 07-30-2014, 06:37 AM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
Gah! The Popular I've been seeking!

143 1,984
 07-30-2014, 07:52 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
Very nice sale, Andrew! PM sent. Biggrin

26 4,953
 07-30-2014, 08:04 AM
User Info
That M7 is KILLER COOL!!!!!! GLWTS

13 221
 07-30-2014, 11:39 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
I have had some inquiries about the GYLE and a request for additional photos. I just took some shots in natural light and thought they deserved sharing:

[Image: GYLEout1.jpg]

[Image: GYLEout2.jpg]

[Image: GYLEout3.jpg]

I will point out that there are some curled tips on this knot, which mean (in my experience) a very soft feel on the face.

And now I have had a question about the brush's bloom. Here are a couple SOTD shots right after I used the brush, demonstrating its bloom:

[Image: 8453661378_8d6a3586e7_o.jpg]

[Image: 8458503927_441106ff1c_o.jpg]

43 1,705
 08-13-2014, 03:17 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Still available are the Popular, AS, and Creed soap. Price reduced on the Popular.

43 1,705