08-02-2014, 09:15 PM
User Info
So the other day in the interest of cleaning out one of my shave drawers my SOTD looked something like this.
[Image: e5ury5en.jpg]

I wasn't expecting too much because of the excellent artisan products I've been using, but it turned out to be an excellent shave. However when I applied the ASB I was blown away, it was hands down the best balm I've used to date.

Now I'm not ruling out the fact that it is unscented and perhaps unbeknownst to me my skin is sensitive to fragrance after shaving. However I'd like to know from you who use(d) this product if you feel the same way, or perhaps have come across something better in the way of aftershave balm. Thanks

3 202
 08-03-2014, 08:34 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Uncledoley, all the AOS aftershave balms are quality. I especially like the lavender; its fragrance is subdued and quite pleasant.

145 2,950
 08-03-2014, 12:15 PM
User Info
The only AOS aftershave balm I have tried is the one in your pictures (unscented) and I did find it to be very nice although I would never buy them.

46 1,102
 08-03-2014, 08:57 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
LOL, this little box provided my travel SOTD products today too...perfect little unscented setup, and the quality is very good...especially the balm! Again very smart little sample packs I keep collecting over the years.

4 794
 08-04-2014, 08:19 AM
User Info
Thanks for the responses, and for the reassurance Obie. AOS doesn't get much love on here and perhaps rightly so. But maybe I'll pick up a bottle of the stuff now knowing it wasn't "just me".

3 202
 08-04-2014, 08:45 AM
User Info
Actually, the Ocean Kelp ASL is one of my favorites out there....light, refreshing, moisturizing and a great scent.

47 385
 08-04-2014, 08:45 AM
User Info
Actually, the Ocean Kelp ASL is one of my favorites out there....light, refreshing, moisturizing and a great scent.

47 385
 08-04-2014, 12:08 PM
User Info
In the summer time I rarely use balms, but in the cooler months I enjoy using them. AOS balm is the best there is in my opinion.

73 2,200
 08-04-2014, 12:27 PM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
(08-04-2014, 08:19 AM)uncledoley Wrote: Thanks for the responses, and for the reassurance Obie. AOS doesn't get much love on here and perhaps rightly so. But maybe I'll pick up a bottle of the stuff now knowing it wasn't "just me".
You are very welcome. Yes, The Art of Shaving has good products. I especially like their shave creams.

145 2,950
 08-04-2014, 12:41 PM
  • Gago
  • Rio de Janeirto
User Info
Some time ago i also shaved using only this little box from Art of Shaving.

[Image: 20131111_112422.jpg]

Like yourself, i immediatley love the balm, bought a Sandalwood one, and now i want a ocean kelp to go along with the cream.

Hated the pre-shave, tough. Undecided

4 447
 11-29-2014, 07:03 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(08-02-2014, 09:15 PM)uncledoley Wrote: So the other day in the interest of cleaning out one of my shave drawers my SOTD looked something like this.
[Image: e5ury5en.jpg]

I wasn't expecting too much because of the excellent artisan products I've been using, but it turned out to be an excellent shave. However when I applied the ASB I was blown away, it was hands down the best balm I've used to date.

Now I'm not ruling out the fact that it is unscented and perhaps unbeknownst to me my skin is sensitive to fragrance after shaving. However I'd like to know from you who use(d) this product if you feel the same way, or perhaps have come across something better in the way of aftershave balm. Thanks

Couldn't agree more.
AoS gets little love around these parts but it is a fantastic line of products.
Their balms are my standard to which all other balms get compared.
Same goes for their shave creams. Fabulous performers.

57 2,560