08-03-2014, 06:17 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Do you have a preferred razor for your fusion cartridge? I just purchased the L'Occitane set for fusion (razor & Plisson synth brush) and I'm excited....

159 1,316
 08-05-2014, 03:33 AM
User Info
I use these 3 razor handles for my Fusion cart blades and so far they are my favorites:

1. Plisson Solid Brass Palladium
[Image: rasoir-manche-fut-palladium.jpg]

2. Edwin Jagger Bulbous Lined Chrome
[Image: 2pcBLIF.jpg]

3. Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley Chrome
[Image: CBAF_v2.jpg]

24 5,840
 08-05-2014, 11:10 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
I like the AOS Lexington and Chelsea plus a few custom ones i bought on E bay....but my favorite is use the stock Proglide handle and remove all the rubber inserts and then you are left with a very cool all metal base handle....use it all the time for touch up...it is really easy to do and very easy to hold...try it with an unused basic Fusion....it has a diecast plated metal frame under all that rubber crap.

6 1,994
 08-05-2014, 12:12 PM
User Info
I am not really a fan of the Fusion, I have an êShave Mach3 and haven't been tempted by the Fusion model. However, there are some very nice custom handles on Etsy that are not very expensive.

0 278
 08-06-2014, 08:28 AM
  • Steelman
  • Delaware
User Info
(08-05-2014, 03:33 AM)CHSeifert Wrote: I use these 3 razor handles for my Fusion cart blades and so far they are my favorites:

1. Plisson Solid Brass Palladium
[Image: rasoir-manche-fut-palladium.jpg]

2. Edwin Jagger Bulbous Lined Chrome
[Image: 2pcBLIF.jpg]

3. Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley Chrome
[Image: CBAF_v2.jpg]

very nice. I just received my Plisson Cade & I"m anxious to try. The Jagger Barley looks particularly nice.

159 1,316
 08-12-2014, 07:09 PM
User Info
I picked up a few today from the Art of Shaving (Lexington, Engraved, and Chrome Collection Power). I look forward to trying them as I'm really enjoying the Fusion! I will report once I've had a chance to experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

192 1,588
 08-15-2014, 06:56 PM
User Info
After spending some time with the 3 handles from the AoS, I ended up sticking with the Chrome Collection Power.

It has a decent weight with the battery and a really nice rubberized grip. The button that turns on the vibration also triggers a flashlight with an extra push. I really like the vibration for the first pass and while I don't expect to shave in the dark, did find the flashlight was able to throw some light under my chin.

If I continue to use the Fusion I might look for a more classic looking handle, however, given that the cartridge is modern I think this handle fits well.

I think the Chrome Power only comes with extra blades, but those would be needed eventually anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

192 1,588
 11-16-2014, 11:21 AM
User Info
Some very pretty handles here. I have 2 Atra handles and a Trac II - vintage Gillettes - and I think that if I were to buy a Mach III handle I would get the $30 Parker on Amazon.
I think I will get out my Atra handle and take a trip down memory lane. The last multi-blade I used was a Schick ST2 that I bought whilst traveling. Very often the choice is extremely limited and you must take the best of a mixed lot.
Actually, I quite enjoy making do with whatever shaving tackle is at hand - a bit like camping out, or enjoying a rental car model that you would never buy, given a choice, but have been assigned by the patron saint of travelers: HERTZ
Euro

5 395
 11-18-2014, 06:40 PM
  • Steelman
  • Delaware
User Info
I'm waiting for Claus to post pics of his new Muhle carbon fiber. Looks amazing.

159 1,316