08-05-2014, 07:25 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

This is the Rooney Style 3 Size 3 in "super" silvertip. It's an exceptional brush with medium backbone and an especially comfortable handle. Unfortunately, the brush is a wee bit scratchy for me. New, this brush is $169.99. I have lathered with it only once. You may have it for $150 shipped U.S. There will not be a price drop. No trades, please. Paypal is fine. Thanks. Here are the measurements:

Knot 26mm
Loft 55mm
Handle 70mm

[Image: 7MVtzO7.jpg]
[Image: HCP5vOh.jpg]
[Image: WYaenVz.jpg]

153 3,127
 08-05-2014, 07:26 AM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
I thought you had already found your perfect brush? Did you buy this recently?

10 759
 08-05-2014, 08:03 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Hello grantman,

This brush had been in my sight for a while, particularly for the 70mm tall handle and the ideal knot measurements of 26/55mm, and I hoped the tips would be softer, but it is not to be. The least bit of "scritch" irritates my Hollywood face.

For years I have had a running battle with the Simpsons and the Rooneys and finally given up on them, with the exception of Simperson "super" badger grades which I like. After this, with a wide variety and styles of Rooneys behind me, I am done with the brand. ADIOS!

I don't care to hang on to something I don't like. In the case of the Rooney 3/3, I love everything about the brush except the scratchy tips, which some gentlemen might find soft.

Also, I had reduced my brush collection to only four: Simpson Polo 8 super, Thater 26mm two-band silvertip (delicious), and Brad Sears custom OB1 and OB2 in The Golden Nib's premium grade silvertip, both just lovely. I love all four.

Stay well, my friend.

153 3,127
 08-05-2014, 08:52 AM
User Info
Down to four brushes. Wow, that is some serious self constraint.

129 6,685
 08-05-2014, 09:00 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Doug,

By late last year, I was flooded with brushes. I'm not sure if you remember the count from your last visit to the house. There were too many — I am sure some gentlemen have far more brushes than I did. I decided to keep the only ones I really liked.

If the Rooney goes, I might get another Simpson super or Thater silvertip. If the Rooney does not go, I'll take my loss and have it re-knotted in the Golden Nib premium, which I like — my Brad Sears OB1 and OB2 customs are in the Golden Nib premium and I love them. I love this Rooney brush and just wish the tips had been a wee bit softer.

153 3,127
 08-05-2014, 04:20 PM
User Info
(08-05-2014, 08:03 AM)Obie Wrote: . . .The least bit of "scritch" irritates my Hollywood face.
. . .
I don't care to hang on to something I don't like. . .
. . .

And thank you for this reminder, Obie. GLWTS, and hope you can find what you're looking for.

29 1,776
 08-08-2014, 04:33 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,

Today is the last day of sale for this brush. Grab it if you like a silvertip brush with a wee bit of "scritch" and a comfortable handle.

153 3,127