08-07-2014, 01:33 PM
User Info
I was wondering if every polished head from Weber has a brushed metal type of look underneath the top cap and middle portion of the base plate?

I was completely under the impression that the whole head would be Polished. Do these heads run into Rust issues?

46 1,102
 08-07-2014, 01:51 PM
User Info
I've owned two of them. Both had the bead blasted finish under the top cap and base plate. Clean both with a toothbrush every time you change the blade, and you'll be fine...

42 206
 08-07-2014, 02:41 PM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
(08-07-2014, 01:33 PM)Ellas318 Wrote: I was wondering if every polished head from Weber has a brushed metal type of look underneath the top cap and middle portion of the base plate?

I was completely under the impression that the whole head would be Polished. Do these heads run into Rust issues?

This is from the description on the Weber PH on the Weber Razors homepage:

Quote: Hand polished cap and closed comb. Metal under cap and bottom of comb have a matte finish

I have not had any problems with rust on mine. And I just rinse the razor after each use, and clean it thoroughly once in a while.

7 858
 08-07-2014, 02:44 PM
User Info
Okay Great to Hear! Thanks guys!

46 1,102
 08-07-2014, 06:44 PM
User Info
I shaved with it for the first time a few hours ago on my neck and I have to say that this Baby is the smoothest razor I have tried to date. I will give it a go on the face later tonight. I am really wanting to try an ATT!

Would you guys say that the ATT M1 is more aggressive than the Weber PH? Or Smoother?

46 1,102
 08-07-2014, 07:12 PM
User Info
I've had one ikon razor that seemed to start rusting as soon as you gave it the chance and I've had my weber for 8 or so months and it needs no special attention, at all. I leave the blade in it for it's whole life and rinse it under hot water after the shave and then just let it air dry. Then ever couple weeks I'll give it a scrubbing bubbles bath and take the tooth brush too it, but that's mostly just to keep it clean.

12 848
 08-07-2014, 07:44 PM
User Info
(08-07-2014, 07:12 PM)ShaneN. Wrote: I've had one ikon razor that seemed to start rusting as soon as you gave it the chance and I've had my weber for 8 or so months and it needs no special attention, at all. I leave the blade in it for it's whole life and rinse it under hot water after the shave and then just let it air dry. Then ever couple weeks I'll give it a scrubbing bubbles bath and take the tooth brush too it, but that's mostly just to keep it clean.

Yea I recently picked up an Ikon and do not think its for me (although it does look nice). Because of that and my recent sale of my Weber Bulldog handle (which I was very sad to see go) I knew it was time to finally pick up a Weber and I couldn't be Happier! I am glad to hear the Weber is holding up. I am really liking this razor and want it to stick around for a while.

46 1,102
 08-07-2014, 10:02 PM
User Info
Gentleman, I just shaved my face and I have Achieved a fantastic shave.

This may be a bit early to say this is the best razor but I have never been able to take a Razor out of the box and get near BBS! Hopefully soon I can add an ARC and DLC to go with the PH.

46 1,102
 08-08-2014, 03:29 AM
User Info
The handle is machined and the head is sintered. Its just too expensive and time consuming to make the whole razor machined.

119 13,017
 08-08-2014, 03:42 AM
User Info
Also, and I feel like a broken record, it's not rust. It's a reaction between the blade, the water, and the razor head. It's a rust buildup but in no way is the razor compromised. If you look up "tea stain" that's what it is and it comes off pretty easily, usually with just a toothbrush and water.

84 1,505
 08-08-2014, 09:01 AM
User Info
I am being pretty good about taking out the balde after each use but that can all change soon once I start getting lazy haha

46 1,102
 08-08-2014, 10:53 AM
  • srgjazz
  • Santa Monica
User Info
The Weber PH is working for me. More effective than I anticipated. Still want to try an R1.

47 677
 08-08-2014, 11:12 AM
User Info
Thats great to hear! Its working well for me too. I want to try an M1. But wouldn't mind an R1 either.. Haha.

46 1,102
 08-11-2014, 05:14 AM
  • N8Julo43
  • Red Whisker Wrangler
  • Mizzou-RAH, USA
User Info
I love my Weber. No finish or rust issues for me. Great quality product that when compared to others, could carry a much higher price tag.

26 257
 08-13-2014, 04:32 PM
User Info
So I was examining my weber after reading reviews that people were getting these razors and the blades being wavy and the ends of the blades curving upwards. I am pretty positive I have a flawed head. Probably just the Top Cap wasn't machined evenly.

I would like to get some other points of view on this. can someone tell me how to post a picture so you can see what I am talking about (or not see what I am talking about haha). Its hard to get a picture to show this in detail but in person its as clear as day. I still think the photos I captured will give a good idea of what it looks like.

I would like to know if anyone else is having this issue.

46 1,102
 08-13-2014, 04:35 PM
User Info
Click I covered in black box in the options above and work your way through. Select file from your phone or computer

61 3,072
 08-13-2014, 04:57 PM
User Info
Thanks alot Cricket!

Please look very closely at the blade. I didn't take my time to really get a perfect picture. I also get to see the blade in the head everyday so Its easier for me to tell. Its not extreme but its definitely there and hopefully others can chime in here and let me know what they think is going on. I will try to get better pictures later if noone can see what I am trying to show. Thanks!

[Image: RlTV6Xn.jpg]

[Image: l46CDih.jpg]

46 1,102
 08-13-2014, 07:24 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Unless you are an Engineer or suffering from extreme OC...just shave with razor and I,m sure it will have NO EFFECT on the shave...there is NO PERFECT razor and these minute imperfections usually have NO EFFECT 99.99999% of the time.....but each to their own....take a deep breath and just relax!!!!!Remember this is a $70.00 device not a $15,000.00 object.

6 1,994
 08-13-2014, 08:11 PM
User Info
I do suffer from extreme OC! Haha. Seriously though, I do like my things to be perfect since I spend hard earned money on it. I have looked at other razors I own and none have this going on with the blade.

Again, its nothing Extreme but it does bother me. All I really was looking to know is if anyone else had this problem and was able to do a quick fix. If so, I would like to know how you did it.

(08-13-2014, 07:24 PM)Harvey Wrote: Unless you are an Engineer or suffering from extreme OC...just shave with razor and I,m sure it will have NO EFFECT on the shave...there is NO PERFECT razor and these minute imperfections usually have NO EFFECT 99.99999% of the time.....but each to their own....take a deep breath and just relax!!!!!Remember this is a $70.00 device not a $15,000.00 object.

And you are right, It has little effect on the shave since I can still get quite a nice shave out of it. But I do notice I get one nice size cut here and there when I shave with it which is why I started to investigate and read reviews. I have never gotten long nicks that resemble a cut until now. It definitely has to do with the way the blade is sitting. If it were evenly aligned like my other razors, I dont feel I would be getting nicked like this.

46 1,102
 08-13-2014, 09:29 PM
User Info
On a different note, Does anyone know if the ATT M1 is more or less aggressive then the Weber?

46 1,102