08-10-2014, 04:42 PM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
The Kone coffee filter is on Massdrop for $44.99 plus shipping right now. I've been looking for a Kone filter for a while, they usually sell for $60

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kone-filter

8 1,289
 08-10-2014, 05:59 PM
User Info
I have one. I don't use it nearly as often as my Chemex filters. It's ok, but it lets quite a bit of sediment through.

39 3,875
 08-10-2014, 06:30 PM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I ended up tossing my Chemex filters in the trash because I had too many slow brews. I had to grind very coarse to brew 8 cups of coffee in under 10 minutes. I recently had my grinder repaired and I think that my grinder may have been producing a lot of fines and that could have been the problem with my slow brew times. I plan on picking up some Chemex filters and trying again.

8 1,289
 08-10-2014, 07:50 PM
User Info
(08-10-2014, 06:30 PM)Sully Wrote: I ended up tossing my Chemex filters in the trash because I had too many slow brews. I had to grind very coarse to brew 8 cups of coffee in under 10 minutes. I recently had my grinder repaired and I think that my grinder may have been producing a lot of fines and that could have been the problem with my slow brew times. I plan on picking up some Chemex filters and trying again.

That's too long, obviously. I picked up a second grinder a while back. It's a winner and a good price.

http://www.amazon.com/Baratza-Encore-Con...r-mr-title

For me, when I am not brewing an espresso, I reach for my Chemex, it produces a really clean, bright cup.

39 3,875
 08-11-2014, 09:56 AM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I'm on my second or third Baratza grinder depending on how you look at it. My first burr grinder was an entry level Baratza and it was great for nearly two years and then it died. My second Baratza was a Preciso and it was great for a year and ten months and then it died. I sent it back to Baratza and had it repaired and new burrs installed. They changed almost all of the parts so It's basically a new grinder. I figure that I'll probably get another year of so out of it before it dies again. I'm looking to add a commercial grade grinder to my coffee equipment for espresso only and keep the Preciso for pour over or press until it dies again.

I think I'll be okay with the Kone because I like French press coffee, I don't mind a little sediment.

8 1,289