08-13-2014, 06:30 AM
User Info
I realize it's waaaaay too early to start talking about the next TNS brush but I'd love to see the next one come with a Synthetic Knot. I don't think TSN has ever done a synthetic (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). It would be super cool.

With that said, the latest TSN brush is really beautiful. Congrats to all you folks who are buying them. I didn't purchase one myself as I'm exclusively synthetic now but I really love the look of this brush. Well done Phil.

19 881
 08-13-2014, 06:55 AM
  • jamesrobson5
  • Chubby Chaser... Big Brush is Best!
  • Sherwood Park AB Canada!
User Info
That would be cool.

29 1,627
 08-13-2014, 07:45 AM
User Info
When is your next video coming?

19 881
 08-13-2014, 08:21 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(08-13-2014, 06:30 AM)TSEvangelist Wrote: I didn't purchase one myself as I'm exclusively synthetic now but I really love the look of this brush.

...and this too shall pass... Angel

I have yet to find a synthetic brush that I enjoy as much as my badgers, or even my Semogue boars for that matter. While I wouldn't be against an LE synthetic, I wouldn't be purchasing one nor do I think you would get enough demand to compare with the previous two LE brushes. Perhaps going the Shavemac route and offering a couple of options would be a more successful plan, if not a lot more logistically challenging.

148 2,821
 08-13-2014, 08:47 AM
  • MarkW
  • Isle of Man
User Info
I'd agree ...

Shavemac would offer a tremendous product & perhaps Muhle for the synthetic option, if the fora goes down that path.

Some good options out there.

1 635
 08-13-2014, 08:55 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(08-13-2014, 08:47 AM)Simpson1919 Wrote: I'd agree ...

Shavemac would offer a tremendous product & perhaps Muhle for the synthetic option, if the fora goes down that path.

Agreed ... we shall see ... Smile

102 18,668
 08-13-2014, 09:05 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(08-13-2014, 06:30 AM)TSEvangelist Wrote: I realize it's waaaaay too early to start talking about the next TNS brush but I'd love to see the next one come with a Synthetic Knot. I don't think TSN has ever done a synthetic (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). It would be super cool.

With that said, the latest TSN brush is really beautiful. Congrats to all you folks who are buying them. I didn't purchase one myself as I'm exclusively synthetic now but I really love the look of this brush. Well done Phil.

I'm not going to say you can bank on that, but my deposit slip is filled out. Biggrin

179 23,931
 08-13-2014, 09:07 AM
User Info
I'd much rather see a nice 2 band myself ......

129 6,685
 08-13-2014, 09:29 AM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
^^Yeah, let's bombard Oscar11 with enough emails we get him out of "brush retirement" and get a 2 band of his I regret never getting!

143 1,984
 08-13-2014, 10:46 AM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
(08-13-2014, 08:47 AM)Simpson1919 Wrote: I'd agree ...

Good call Mark! Don't be convinced to lean too far toward the dark sideTongue...
I can't wait to try a Simpson synthetic, but as a sole L/E option, I really like seeing brushes like the M6, which I consider to reflect Simpson's forte in the brush industry.
I like to see companies represent themselves with L/E brushes that show off their best attributes as brush makers! In this case(M6), the classic design resurrected thanks to both Refles great find and a rare Simpson design like the "L/E P8" being produced and designed many moons ago. Add to that Mark/Simpson's expertise in recreating a handmade brush that represents the best value for their highest Manchurian grade knots released to date and a beautiful horn rod that adds even more distinction to the M6 handle shape. Just like the L/E P8 showed one side of Simpson brushes, the L/E M6 is showing another...I'm very happy that the brushes are quite different.

A TSN L/E synth could be great! Certainly different, not my first choice, as I'm a two-band badger knot lover. I believe many will be happy with a L/E Synth, OR an appreciably large size handle/knot badger hair brush.

Many synthetics are great in their own right, but like Mark W mentions above... I'd rather see a company like Muhle make a L/E Synth brush since that is more in their companies "wheelhouse"Lightbulb Or see Someone like M&F or Shavemac make a nice larger size brush/handle/knot to create a group of well rounded TSN L/E brushes. We'll have to wait and see my firendsExclamation

4 794
 08-13-2014, 10:56 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
+1 LORDBISHOP!

I was writing mine and luckily I refreshed as you articulated the very specific points we all (I believe) desire. An eventual synthetic will come, I have no doubt as it be highly sought after and with the right company and experience it will be that specific home run out of the park product like how the M6 sold the first batch as if it was being given away.

But a Rooney/M&F, Shavemac, Thater..etc would start to create an incredible TSN LE rotation!

The future is very exciting for TSN!

36 1,336
 08-13-2014, 11:15 AM
User Info
Feast or Famine,story of my life.Just this morning my Wilborg Shaving candy swirl handle with Manchurian badger arrived from Germany.I was very impressed with this little brush.I have wanted a Manchurian knot for a while & now I will have 2[I just purchased the M6]

I've been using strictly silvertips so I didn't know what to expect.Using soap on the first pass & cream on the 2 & 3rd pass the brush knows no difference.I found the shave very close to my Thater 4125 which is always outstanding!

I'm hoping the new M6 will be as good as everyone claims.Does anyone know the time line? Thanks in advance for any help.

20 441
 08-13-2014, 11:19 AM
User Info
(08-13-2014, 11:15 AM)stickbow46 Wrote: I'm hoping the new M6 will be as good as everyone claims.Does anyone know the time line? Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark has stated shipments will start next week. Not all 200 are finished, but that should be done in the next week or so as well. I would suspect all 200 will be shipped out within 3 weeks.

The earlier purchased, the earlier shipped. Angel

129 6,685
 08-13-2014, 11:22 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(08-13-2014, 09:05 AM)Johnny Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 06:30 AM)TSEvangelist Wrote: I realize it's waaaaay too early to start talking about the next TNS brush but I'd love to see the next one come with a Synthetic Knot. I don't think TSN has ever done a synthetic (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). It would be super cool.

I'm not going to say you can bank on that, but my deposit slip is filled out. Biggrin

I'll get in line, and there might just be a surprising number of people interested in a synthetic TSN brush.

38 5,197
 08-13-2014, 11:23 AM
User Info
(08-13-2014, 11:22 AM)evnpar Wrote: I'll get in line, and there might just be a surprising number of people interested in a synthetic TSN brush.

Sacrilege

129 6,685
 08-13-2014, 11:49 AM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
(08-13-2014, 10:56 AM)refles Wrote: +1 LORDBISHOP!

I was writing mine and luckily I refreshed as you articulated the very specific points we all (I believe) desire. An eventual synthetic will come, I have no doubt as it be highly sought after and with the right company and experience it will be that specific home run out of the park product like how the M6 sold the first batch as if it was being given away.

But a Rooney/M&F, Shavemac, Thater..etc would start to create an incredible TSN LE rotation!

The future is very exciting for TSN!

Thank You Refles for the compliment! It is exciting times here @ TSN, I can't agree more...Things just keep getting better, The Best Members on any shave board, Special L/E releases, Amazing artisans showcasing their unique product,supportive/informative vendors, Excellent team of Moderators and enjoyable/informative/fun to read threads/postsHeart

WINGDO, You crack me upTongue I like some Synths, but love my two bands tooAngel

4 794
 08-13-2014, 11:49 AM
  • Julyan
  • The Hague,The Netherlands
User Info
it seems there not many providers of good synthetic nots

0 82
 08-13-2014, 12:26 PM
User Info
Thanks Doug

20 441
 08-13-2014, 12:46 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
(08-13-2014, 11:49 AM)Julyan Wrote: it seems there not many providers of good synthetic nots

The big 3 come to mind: Muhle, Edwin Jagger (which gets there synthetic from Muhle) and Plisson (who provides synthetic to a few makers).

179 23,931
 08-13-2014, 01:05 PM
  • Julyan
  • The Hague,The Netherlands
User Info
(08-13-2014, 12:46 PM)Johnny Wrote:
(08-13-2014, 11:49 AM)Julyan Wrote: it seems there not many providers of good synthetic nots

The big 3 come to mind: Muhle, Edwin Jagger (which gets there synthetic from Muhle) and Plisson (who provides synthetic to a few makers).
so basically muhle and Plisson Smile.
what about this "the grooming company" I keep hearing about? is that a plisson brush too?

0 82