08-13-2014, 07:21 AM
User Info
While this forum is very properly related to hand made and handcrafted wet shaving accoutrements, I hope you gentlemen will forgive a momentary digression from that theme. The story began with my exotic wood supplier's sending me a variety of different woods to try. Among them were a few pieces of nicely-figured Teak, two of which I fashioned into this salt shaker/pepper mill set. Those who've been following my listings are no doubt familiar with the "OB series" shaving brushes. How that ties in to our wet shaving theme goes like this: while the shape of the pepper mill evolved on the lathe, my mind wondered to those brushes. So what started out as part of a "production run" evolved into something rather unique. (So, of course, I had to turn a salt shaker to match!) That's one of the reasons I love working in "series!" Smile

If you would care to see more photos or learn a bit more about this set, I invite you to view it on my Etsy shop.
[Image: GgNJZqe.jpg]

2 618
 08-14-2014, 02:28 AM
User Info
Nice one, Brad.

And how about a coffe mill?

13 1,313
 08-14-2014, 03:50 AM
User Info
(08-14-2014, 02:28 AM)Rui Marques Wrote: Nice one, Brad.

And how about a coffe mill?
Thank you for your suggestion, Rui. I can certainly make a coffee grinder in this series. If you want, I can speak with my supplier about the wood and get back to you with a quote.

2 618