08-13-2014, 11:10 AM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
Kai's have been my go to sharp DE blade when needed. The original packs I bought years ago had a plain white paper - blade wrapper. Over the past year I've bought packs that now say Kai all over the inner blade wrapper, with no perceivable change in the look of the outer box, or quality change. Up until now I've never had an issue with these blades and have found them extremely consistent!

I recently purchase a few packs and the wrappers are now plain white again? After going through two packs now and comparing these "bad" blades with the last pack I have that has Kai written on the wrapper, I have concluded that there is a major difference. Are the packs I just bought old boxes, and unfortunately duds? Has anyone else noticed any change in kai blades, whether improved or worsening like in my example? I've ruled out that these blades could be fake, as they were purchased from a large well known store in Manhattan, NY.Huh

4 794
 08-17-2014, 02:18 PM
User Info
(08-13-2014, 11:10 AM)LORDBISHOP Wrote: Kai's have been my go to sharp DE blade when needed. The original packs I bought years ago had a plain white paper - blade wrapper. Over the past year I've bought packs that now say Kai all over the inner blade wrapper, with no perceivable change in the look of the outer box, or quality change. Up until now I've never had an issue with these blades and have found them extremely consistent!

I recently purchase a few packs and the wrappers are now plain white again? After going through two packs now and comparing these "bad" blades with the last pack I have that has Kai written on the wrapper, I have concluded that there is a major difference. Are the packs I just bought old boxes, and unfortunately duds? Has anyone else noticed any change in kai blades, whether improved or worsening like in my example? I've ruled out that these blades could be fake, as they were purchased from a large well known store in Manhattan, NY.Huh

I recently picked up a tuck of Kai blades. They have the plain white wrappers. I have never tried the Kais with the branded wrappers, but I quite like the few Kais that I have tried.

0 76
 08-18-2014, 02:51 AM
User Info
Gone thru the same transition on wrappers myself, purschasing from Razor Blades and More. Have not noticed any issue so far.

54 1,214
 08-18-2014, 01:40 PM
User Info
I tried some - blue Kai box, unmarked blade, in a white wrapper - from Menessentials in Toronto. They were very good, though a bit overpriced.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, you're a mile away - and you have his shoes.

0 13
 08-24-2014, 02:44 PM
  • cmh8890
  • Atlanta, GA
User Info
I got some about 5 months ago and they were nice blades.

13 649