08-14-2014, 10:37 PM
User Info
I really need to get this razor as I feel my search for DE's would finally be put to rest if I do! Are there any CON's to this razor or does it just give fantastic shaves all around? I would like a care free, mild to moderate shave so the M class will suit me.

Also, has anyone ever bought from the person selling them on ebay? Is that Stan from ATT or just a random person selling Razors? If I buy from ebay, I have a promotion to get $30 free when I spend over $150 which would be nice since I can use that money towards what would essentially be a free pack of 100 Blades!

Thanks!

46 1,102
 08-14-2014, 11:39 PM
User Info
(08-14-2014, 10:37 PM)Ellas318 Wrote: I really need to get this razor as I feel my search for DE's would finally be put to rest if I do! Are there any CON's to this razor or does it just give fantastic shaves all around? I would like a care free, mild to moderate shave so the M class will suit me.

Also, has anyone ever bought from the person selling them on ebay? Is that Stan from ATT or just a random person selling Razors? If I buy from ebay, I have a promotion to get $30 free when I spend over $150 which would be nice since I can use that money towards what would essentially be a free pack of 100 Blades!

Thanks!
what are you seeking in M1 that you don't find in your weber PH. just asking .... curious to know. i have ordered a weber PH.

1 495
 08-15-2014, 12:32 AM
User Info
Well with the Weber, I started to notice I was getting big nicks for no apparent reasons which lead me to ultimately finding out the blade was not straight from one end to the other. I am someone who is willing to pay $50 or $500 on quality (as long as the craftsmanship is indeed quality all the way around). So I don't mind spending the $185 on an ATT as long as I receive what I see and read about. And if its not, there is a no hassle return policy so its a Win/Win in my book.

So first and most Important I need a razor that has a straight blade in the head from one end to the other. I have read nowhere that ATT has run into these types of situations. Secondly, I am seeking Extreme Class and I believe ATT Screams Pure Class and something that will undoubtedly last me a life time. Thirdly, I am seeking an even blade alignment which I hear is spot on with the ATT due to their advanced technology with there heads. There is no having to go back and forth with trying to make the blade even on both sides with an ATT (or so I read). I am also looking for the smoothest shaver on Planet Earth because I don't like too aggressive a razor (so the M should be my kinda Razor) and I feel that ATT will deliver. I would honestly rather make an extra pass or two required by a milder razor and enjoy a smooth shave versus feeling a blade on my skin and getting nicks and weepers plus irritation. I get to enjoy my favorite soaps longer with a milder razor as well since I need to do an extra pass! Haha.

I also want something I can stare at endlessly because of how Beautiful the craftsmanship is and know my money went to a company who takes Extra Pride in their work to Deliver Beautiful, Quality Products to the Consumer. Every time I look at a picture of an ATT Razor, I cant stop imagining what it would be like in my hands. I don't get that feeling from any other razor I own, or have ever owned.

Anyways, I am sure there is more to list as to why I would love to have an ATT but for now I think this will suffice. I pretty much have my mind made up on this but its always good to hear from a community of trust worthy fellow shavers as to how they feel about a certain product.

I think you will enjoy your Weber when it comes. Just make sure the blade is straight! If its not, just be careful and delicate with your shaving technique. Enjoy the shaves my friend!

46 1,102
 08-15-2014, 01:40 AM
User Info
thanks for the detailed explanation. i just can hope my weber turn up to be a flawless piece.

1 495
 08-15-2014, 03:11 AM
User Info
The con is once you use it, you're going to want something more aggressive. It's not necessarily a mild shave. All the plates have the same blade exposure. If ATT were to release one more cap that had slightly less blade exposure, you would have the ultimate custom DE razor. Your choices would be doubled. It's the cap, not the plate that controls the exposure. It doesn't bend as much and the width is slightly more narrow. Who knows, maybe he'll release another cap next year. You don't have to be as careful with the milder plates but it still cuts fairly aggressively. $185 sounds steep. And it is. It's an expensive razor, but to be honest; when you look at the cost of other stainless steal razors, it's pretty moderate. Add the 30 day guarantee to that, and there's not much to think about. I don't think Feather, Pils or Ikon have that type of guarantee. Just get it. You won't have a hint of buyer's regret. I promise.

You know what. If you're after a smooth shave, get the M2. I don't know how you feel about open combs, but with ATT, the open combs appear to be smoother. That could be just me, but I just used it and it was really smooth. I use a Weber handle though. Sometimes the Kronos is too heavy. Look at the blade exposure. That's significant for a "mild" razor.

[Image: BLOIkJz.jpg][Image: iy7EDn4.jpg][Image: GtfQ3q9.jpg]

0 45
 08-15-2014, 09:05 AM
User Info
(08-15-2014, 01:40 AM)buddingshaver Wrote: thanks for the detailed explanation. i just can hope my weber turn up to be a flawless piece.

No Problem, I hope it turns up Perfect and Flawless for you as well!

(08-15-2014, 03:11 AM)JBMAN1974 Wrote: The con is once you use it, you're going to want something more aggressive. It's not necessarily a mild shave. All the plates have the same blade exposure. If ATT were to release one more cap that had slightly less blade exposure, you would have the ultimate custom DE razor. Your choices would be doubled. It's the cap, not the plate that controls the exposure. It doesn't bend as much and the width is slightly more narrow. Who knows, maybe he'll release another cap next year. You don't have to be as careful with the milder plates but it still cuts fairly aggressively. $185 sounds steep. And it is. It's an expensive razor, but to be honest; when you look at the cost of other stainless steal razors, it's pretty moderate. Add the 30 day guarantee to that, and there's not much to think about. I don't think Feather, Pils or Ikon have that type of guarantee. Just get it. You won't have a hint of buyer's regret. I promise.

You know what. If you're after a smooth shave, get the M2. I don't know how you feel about open combs, but with ATT, the open combs appear to be smoother. That could be just me, but I just used it and it was really smooth. I use a Weber handle though. Sometimes the Kronos is too heavy. Look at the blade exposure. That's significant for a "mild" razor.

Haha if it is extremely mild I can see that being a con and wanting a little more aggression. I don't mind a moderate razor. I just don't like having to pay to much attention to the shave itself because I feel it takes away from the experience (at least for me). A different Top Cap to reduce the amount of Blade exposure would be a great idea! Options are always nice. Ive read alot about the M2 and I read some find it extremely smooth and others dont. I also feel that I would have to pay more attention with the OC vs the CC. A close care free shave is what I am looking for (which is why the M1 sounds great) and the R1 supposedly takes a bit of taming. I want to take it out of the box and get a super smooth shave and of course an effiecent one. The only thing scaring me about the M1 is it may not be effiecent as I would like but if I can still accomplish a smooth shave similar to the H1 or R1 with just an extra pass, I am completey okay with that.

You are right about the cost of a stainless steel razor and this one being priced just right for the Quality. I feel the same way after seeing the Craftsmanship on these bad boys! I would much rather have an ATT versus a Feather which costs more. The 30 day Guarantee is amazing! I think Stan from ATT truely wants you to try it out and if it doesn't work for you, is happy to take it back as he wants you to be happy with your purchase! That kind of Confidence makes me more than HAPPY to buy with Confidence!

BTW, Beautiful Pictures of your M2! I am going to go with the ATLAS when I buy. Notice I said WHEN I Buy.. Haha!

Thanks for this info JB!

46 1,102
 08-15-2014, 10:17 AM
User Info
The one you see on eBay -ATT razor is coming from Stan and the person you communicated via eBay messages is Stan . I bought my ATT from Stan for very same reason for a coupan on eBay.

Stan is such a nice person and he will answer any of your questions.

I shave with ATT with H1 plate and Kronos handle

Good luck

Look for the pictures, the razor with high graphic quality picture with a tie is from Stan or abovethetie conpany

61 3,072
 08-15-2014, 10:19 AM
  • taco8slo
  • Shavenookian Newbie
  • California
User Info
I have the M1, R1, and H1: They are all very nice, I typically reach for the R1 the most, it is a very nice all around razor. I had a Weber as well but the M1 was too similar so I let it go.

15 130
 08-15-2014, 03:17 PM
User Info
(08-15-2014, 10:17 AM)Cricket203 Wrote: The one you see on eBay -ATT razor is coming from Stan and the person you communicated via eBay messages is Stan . I bought my ATT from Stan for very same reason for a coupan on eBay.

Good luck

Look for the pictures, the razor with high graphic quality picture with a tie is from Stan or abovethetie conpany

Thank you! The reason I was wondering was because it says seller does not offer returns in the listing but the description says 30 day money back. I just wanted to make sure it was him before I purchased it. And the $30 coupon couldnt of come at a better time haha. Definitely makes me want to buy it through ebay.

(08-15-2014, 10:19 AM)taco8slo Wrote: I have the M1, R1, and H1: They are all very nice, I typically reach for the R1 the most, it is a very nice all around razor. I had a Weber as well but the M1 was too similar so I let it go.

Thanks! It was really between the R1 and M1 for me. I read alot of different impressions on the R1 when it comes to its Aggressiveness. If the M1 is way to mild I can always send it back for the R1.

Does anyone know if the R1 is more or less aggressive than the ikon sb?

46 1,102
 08-15-2014, 07:04 PM
User Info
Yes it comes with 30 days satisfaction quarantee. You are all good and covered as long as you have 30 days trail listed in the description. Stan is such a nice guy that he won't do any misleading stuff.

(08-15-2014, 03:17 PM)Ellas318 Wrote:
(08-15-2014, 10:17 AM)Cricket203 Wrote: The one you see on eBay -ATT razor is coming from Stan and the person you communicated via eBay messages is Stan . I bought my ATT from Stan for very same reason for a coupan on eBay.

Good luck

Thank you! The reason I was wondering was because it says seller does not offer returns in the listing but the description says 30 day money back. I just wanted to make sure it was him before I purchased it. And the $30 coupon couldnt of come at a better time haha. Definitely makes me want to buy it through ebay.

(08-15-2014, 10:19 AM)taco8slo Wrote: I have the M1, R1, and H1: They are all very nice, I typically reach for the R1 the most, it is a very nice all around razor. I had a Weber as well but the M1 was too similar so I let it go.

Thanks! It was really between the R1 and M1 for me. I read alot of different impressions on the R1 when it comes to its Aggressiveness. If the M1 is way to mild I can always send it back for the R1.

61 3,072
 08-15-2014, 10:56 PM
User Info
Yea Stan seems like a Great Guy! I am still deciding on which one to get. Need to do a little more research on the R1 before I go all in on the M1.

46 1,102
 08-16-2014, 05:12 AM
User Info
Buy both, return one you don't like. Nothing to loose . I will not waste my time on research because Stan's return policy is so good.

61 3,072
 08-16-2014, 05:31 AM
User Info
I have the R1 and iKon SB. They're similar, but I would say the SB is a little more aggressive. I may be in the minority here, but the R1 is my least favorite. I like the M1 and H1 better. Regardless, the ATT Atlas is the nicest razor on the market IMHO.

(08-15-2014, 03:17 PM)Ellas318 Wrote:

Good luck

42 208
 08-16-2014, 02:45 PM
User Info
I 100% agree with you that the ATLAS is probably the nicest razor on the market. It looks absolutely Beautiful. Thanks for letting me know about the aggressiveness of the R1.

46 1,102
 08-16-2014, 03:06 PM
User Info
I have the R2 and H2 on BRW handles. Those 2 plus my 2 cobras are about all I use any more. Can't beat ATT razors.

9 1,208
 08-16-2014, 05:02 PM
User Info
(08-16-2014, 03:06 PM)CyanideMetal Wrote: I have the R2 and H2 on BRW handles. Those 2 plus my 2 cobras are about all I use any more. Can't beat ATT razors.

All Beautiful razors and I dont blame you for not needing or wanting to use anything else! Have you ever tried any of ATT closed combs?

46 1,102
 08-16-2014, 06:00 PM
User Info
No I'm pretty much a lover of the closed comb models. I almost didn't try the ATT razors but I'm sure glad I did.

9 1,208
 08-17-2014, 12:14 AM
User Info
Well its a wrap, and the M1 will be arriving shortly! Thank you to all who replied with the helpful information. Very much appreciated!

46 1,102
 08-18-2014, 01:13 AM
User Info
Be sure to post your impressions Elias. Enjoy your new razor!

18 194
 08-24-2014, 08:34 PM
User Info
Remember what I told you? All of their razors are aggressive. I wouldn't call them mild. I'm starting to like their open comb ones more though. You'll be buying that R1 soon enough.

0 45