08-15-2014, 05:41 AM
User Info
TRADED! Thanks schickter and TSN!

Hi everyone -

For sale are two incredible Barrister & Mann soaps that I would prefer to sell as a set. These prices include CONUS Priority Mail shipping with tracking. If you are an international buyer we can negotiate shipping (I usually will include shipping). I would consider a trade, but only for a B&M fougere tub (it doesn't matter which scent nor which formulation) or Mitchell's Wool Fat in either the ceramic container or those nice wooden bowls.

(1) Barrister & Mann Lavanille tallow-based shaving soap. 4 ounces in nice wide plastic container with screw top. Currently sold out (well all soaps are currently not available until Will returns from a much needed vacation, but this was sold out prior to his suspending orders). As anyone who follows B&M here, Will really puts the time and energy into developing these scents and this one is no exception. At first the idea of lavender and vanilla sounds a little "airy" but this is an earthy, smoky, and substantial scent. This is the description from the notice by B&M:

"Lavanille is a chiefly built on our recreation of the famous Mousse de Saxe perfume base, blended with lavender, vanilla, cedar wood, and the elegant musk Exaltolide to create a dark, leathery, elegant soap unlike anything seen for nearly a half century."

What I love about B&M is Will's nod to history and his desire to recreate famous scents and scent profiles (particularly I am a fan of his recent fougeres). Of course Lavanille's base is the great tallow formulation that has made B&M well known around these parts. I have literally only used this once. It retailed for $22 on its own.

(2) Barrister & Mann Tre Citta: Arctique vegan-based shaving soap. 4 ounces. Now this, this is menthol! In fact I read that there is so much menthol in this soap that it has caused Will's normally more solid vegan formula to become much more cream/croap-like. However, despite the strong presence of menthol, it does not burn or really bother my skin at all and recedes in a short amount of time. Here is the description from the announcement from B&M:

"We blended our lovely floral/black pepper base with Japanese Peppermint and enough menthol to make even the most hardened skin prickle in fear. The goal was to create one of the coldest soaps on Earth, the kind of soap that separates the hobbyists from the seriously dedicated. We’re proud to say that we were successful. It is unbelievable. It is horribly, hatefully, bone-chillingly cold."

Heh, my experience wasn't exactly as terrifying as the last sentence above, but it definitely "wakes you up in the morning!" Even more than the menthol content, the scent is incredible. It is a peppermint and black pepper scent and really is a treat to use. Its like lathering up your face for toothpaste, but in the best way imaginable. If you are a menthol-head, or you want an artisan Proraso-type soap, this is a great one to try. It retails for $16. I've used it three times (although I would conservatively estimate the remaining amount at about 90% because I used too much product the first time since I didn't realize it was so soft).

All told, it cost me $44 including shipping to purchase these incredible soaps. How about $35 shipped for both (or the above trade options)?

As always, feel free to comment on my pricing and descriptions in this thread. If you are interested in purchasing or you have any other comments, please PM me.

Thanks for looking,
Josh

84 1,505
 08-15-2014, 05:57 AM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
Is Petrichor considered one of the Fougere scents?

143 1,984
 08-15-2014, 06:00 AM
User Info
(08-15-2014, 05:57 AM)Shanman Wrote: Is Petrichor considered one of the Fougere scents?

I thought Petrichor was a vetiver. The description was of damp earth after a spring rain.

The fougeres, at least to me, were bright and floral. I'm a huge fan of them.

Anyway, the soaps have been traded! Thanks schickter and TSN!

84 1,505