05-20-2012, 08:55 PM
User Info
So I've noticed a couple usernames that were pretty similar. I'm wondering if I've missed any. What usernames have you seen & wondered of Rey were related somehow?

Johnny & Johnny9

Dave & uncledave

Those are thec2 I've seem recently. What others have you noticed?

31 7,912
 05-20-2012, 09:20 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, there are around 200 million Johnny's in this world. I'm #1 and he is #9.

173 23,484
 05-20-2012, 10:20 PM
User Info
(05-20-2012, 09:20 PM)Johnny Wrote: Well, there are around 200 million Johnny's in this world. I'm #1 and he is #9.

Man that had me cracking up. Such a great response.
But let me tell you the true life story of "Johnny9".

On April 26, 1996 around 3:15 PM I was working on a polymer capacitor case for Septa. I was cutting the polymer base mount; which was rather thin at 1/4". The poly hit a nick in the table saw fence which caused it to go sideway a bit, so I backed off a little so I could continue the straight cut.

Now the thing with poly and a 1/4" carbide bit blade spinning at a high rate of speed is the friction. Friction leads to heat, heat + polymer = melting which leads to a sticky material.

So now we have gummy polymer and a table saw spinning very fast. The poly grabbed, kicked out, my hand slammed straight down on top of the blade and turned my right hand ringfinger and small portion of my palm in to what could only be described as a mess.

And that is where the 9 came from. My first name is John, but my friends at the time called me Johnny9.

Another fun fact. My middle name is Wayne. Yeppers, I'm "The Duke", John Wayne. Lots of fun stories with that. Like how the neighbor girl cried hers eyes out whe the TV informed her that John Wayne was dead. Her mother had to bring her over to see me to get her to stop crying.

Anyway, no, I haven't noticed other similar names.

9 451
 05-21-2012, 03:15 PM
User Info
(05-20-2012, 10:20 PM)Johnny9 Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 09:20 PM)Johnny Wrote: Well, there are around 200 million Johnny's in this world. I'm #1 and he is #9.

Man that had me cracking up. Such a great response.
But let me tell you the true life story of "Johnny9".

On April 26, 1996 around 3:15 PM I was working on a polymer capacitor case for Septa. I was cutting the polymer base mount; which was rather thin at 1/4". The poly hit a nick in the table saw fence which caused it to go sideway a bit, so I backed off a little so I could continue the straight cut.

Now the thing with poly and a 1/4" carbide bit blade spinning at a high rate of speed is the friction. Friction leads to heat, heat + polymer = melting which leads to a sticky material.

So now we have gummy polymer and a table saw spinning very fast. The poly grabbed, kicked out, my hand slammed straight down on top of the blade and turned my right hand ringfinger and small portion of my palm in to what could only be described as a mess.

And that is where the 9 came from. My first name is John, but my friends at the time called me Johnny9.

Another fun fact. My middle name is Wayne. Yeppers, I'm "The Duke", John Wayne. Lots of fun stories with that. Like how the neighbor girl cried hers eyes out whe the TV informed her that John Wayne was dead. Her mother had to bring her over to see me to get her to stop crying.

Anyway, no, I haven't noticed other similar names.

Great story, John!!

75 20,883
 05-21-2012, 08:01 PM
User Info
how about Andrew and andrewjs18? Biggrin

40 5,830