08-17-2014, 11:18 AM
User Info
Whilst shaving with my Progress, I looked longingly over to my shaving shelf at my Weber DLC, UFO Goliath XL in Red Bronze and my UFO U2 handle, Fatboy and Black Beaty and thought "Do I need these?"

I get such amazing shaves with my progress regardless of how much growth, where as my Weber (which I love) is only good for a couple of days growth.

I may have found the one razor I NEED. I love to rotate my brushes and soaps but I like one consistent variable which always tends to be my razor.

Have any of you had a moment of madness? Or have any of you sold it all and gone down to just one razor?

1 100
 08-17-2014, 11:43 AM
  • jamesrobson5
  • Chubby Chaser... Big Brush is Best!
  • Sherwood Park AB Canada!
User Info
Yes but with straights. I have 2 that I use most and 1 DE. I keep thinking I will sell the excess... one day. I agree that the razor can be a huge determining factor in your shave.
I also love to rotate brushes.Biggrin

29 1,627
 08-17-2014, 11:50 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
My problem is, I like to rotate it all, razors, brushes, soaps/creams, blades (though I usually use one blade for a straight week), eau de toilettes, etc. Obviously, some of my razors work better for me than others but the variety reminds me of why I like some razors over others. Therefore, nope, I have no plans to sell or give away the extras. Biggrin

2 11,211
 08-17-2014, 11:55 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
I could probably limit the razors I actually USE to about 12...the rest are just for show and tell and fill up my display areas spread throughout my Shave Cave and surrounding areas...wouldn,t be easy however...I enjoy looking at them.

6 2,048
 08-17-2014, 01:13 PM
User Info
The Progress is a great razor because it can be adjusted up or down depending on how much growth you have. However, to me its not about adjusting one razor but using a razor that can do it all and not have to fiddle with blade exposure.

122 13,221
 08-17-2014, 01:50 PM
User Info
I have one wife.
In everything else, I like some variety. Admittedly, I may have taken that a bit far in the DE department, but I do enjoy mixing and matching different razors and blades every day.

0 76
 08-18-2014, 12:57 AM
User Info
(08-17-2014, 01:50 PM)DrAwkward Wrote: I have one wife.
In everything else, I like some variety.

ROTF DocLaughing1

18 194
 08-18-2014, 01:25 AM
User Info
I have probably found the one razor I need - I'm just not sure which of my razors that one is yet Wink

3 4,682
 08-18-2014, 02:07 AM
User Info
(08-17-2014, 11:18 AM)mattyb240 Wrote: Whilst shaving with my Progress, I looked longingly over to my shaving shelf at my Weber DLC, UFO Goliath XL in Red Bronze and my UFO U2 handle, Fatboy and Black Beaty and thought "Do I need these?"

I get such amazing shaves with my progress regardless of how much growth, where as my Weber (which I love) is only good for a couple of days growth.

I may have found the one razor I NEED. I love to rotate my brushes and soaps but I like one consistent variable which always tends to be my razor.

Have any of you had a moment of madness? Or have any of you sold it all and gone down to just one razor?

if you ever consider to sell your weber DLC and UFO handles, i would be ready to snatch them from your fists TongueBiggrinWink

1 495
 08-18-2014, 04:13 AM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
(08-17-2014, 11:50 AM)freddy Wrote: My problem is, I like to rotate it all, razors, brushes, soaps/creams, blades (though I usually use one blade for a straight week), eau de toilettes, etc. Obviously, some of my razors work better for me than others but the variety reminds me of why I like some razors over others. Therefore, nope, I have no plans to sell or give away the extras. Biggrin
This.
I love my straights, and every now and then toy with the idea of going to just them. Then I look at my other razors and realize how much I love using them, as well.
No thanks. I'll keep them all.

2 1,696
 08-19-2014, 12:47 PM
User Info
Whichever razor I'm using at the moment is the best razor in the universe, and why do I need the others?

Well, because when I shave with them, THEY'RE the best razor in the universe!

It's a disease, I tell you. I've got a Mergress and a Tradere sitting in a drawer awaiting their turn at a chance to impress me. Honestly, I just can't tell which of my razors I like the best, so I have to keep them all.

2 1,557