08-17-2014, 06:28 PM
User Info
Get all of the qualities you like in a shaving brush in a toothbrush. Last year I bought an Acca Kappa Pure Badger Bristle Toothbrush from a popular Italian shaving products website for less than $10. It is the best feeling and best cleaning toothbrush I have ever used, with one caveat. The head is so large that it feels like you have the entire badger in your mouth, and it is difficult to brush the sides of the very back teeth. That said, it is luxury teeth brushing. I have tried boar bristle toothbrushes and they are all too firm and scratching. I would encourage anyone to try a badger toothbrush. If you know of one with a smaller head, let me know. Then it would be my daily brush.

I finally learned how to add an image to the thread. I have included an image of the Acca Kappa badger bristle toothbrush. [Image: e0HdxxW.jpg]

18 246
 08-17-2014, 06:54 PM
User Info
"The head is so large that it feels like you have the entire badger in your mouth"

+1 BiggrinBiggrinBiggrin

39 3,876
 08-17-2014, 07:09 PM
User Info
I thought this was a joke when I first read it!

206 12,189
 08-18-2014, 03:32 AM
User Info
I like it on my face but not sure in my mouth Confused

17 454
 08-22-2014, 04:41 AM
User Info
The rotations of my Philips Sonicare are unmatched, i cannot do this physically. I'm not saying you cannot get a clean mouth without one of course, and YMMV, but i found if i don't have to focus on brushing motions i can focus on steering the head and it's rotation and angle. Especially the back of the teeth, so much easier now. I like my Braun Oral B, was a big step up. But i never want anything older then what i use now.

I do like toothpastes with beneficial oils and herbs, like neem, peppermint, pomegranate, toothache tree, clove, etc. Substances that are generally antiseptic and help the gums as well. Kind of like how we use witch hazel for our face. But i have to say if it's not terribly expensive... it does sound like a very interesting traveling brush!

But do tell, does it shed a lot? Does it smell funky? Is it dense? How is the loft? Has the ends split yet? Has it shown sign of bloom?

0 50
 08-23-2014, 04:28 PM
User Info
(08-22-2014, 04:41 AM)El-a-Menthol Wrote: The rotations of my Philips Sonicare are unmatched, i cannot do this physically. I'm not saying you cannot get a clean mouth without one of course, and YMMV, but i found if i don't have to focus on brushing motions i can focus on steering the head and it's rotation and angle. Especially the back of the teeth, so much easier now. I like my Braun Oral B, was a big step up. But i never want anything older then what i use now.

I do like toothpastes with beneficial oils and herbs, like neem, peppermint, pomegranate, toothache tree, clove, etc. Substances that are generally antiseptic and help the gums as well. Kind of like how we use witch hazel for our face. But i have to say if it's not terribly expensive... it does sound like a very interesting traveling brush!

But do tell, does it shed a lot? Does it smell funky? Is it dense? How is the loft? Has the ends split yet? Has it shown sign of bloom?

There has been absolutely no shedding. There is no funky smell like with boar bristle. It is dense and firm, but very soft. I have noticed no split ends or signs of bloom.

18 246
 09-01-2014, 04:59 PM
User Info
I finally learned how to add an image to the thread. I have included an image of the Acca Kappa badger bristle toothbrush. [Image: e0HdxxW.jpg]

18 246