08-20-2014, 09:12 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
Since jumping into traditional wetshaving I have gone nutso with respect to the razors I use. A slew of vintage Gillette was not enough. Progress? No had to be a Mergress. Stainless steel - sure how about five of them. Slants shmants.

Last week after reading an old post by Phil I became curious about the open comb Parker 24C. Two shaves later I am simply shocked at how good the shaves were. Using a Lab Blue it hardly felt like there was a blade in the dang thing. I still love my others so it is a no-brainer that I will add the 24C to the rotation.

I would consider it a relatively mild razor. You guys with thick lawns of tough whiskers may not like this. But if you like smoothness and efficiency, for about $29, I urge youse guys to give it a try.

Thanks for listening.

Extra! Read All About It! Just wanted to relate that I again shaved with the 24C yesterday with two days growth, and it was exemplary. This darn thing was efficient and smooth!! I know the engineers and the R41-freaks will give me gas about this, but it was really a surprise to me as well. FYI, this was with a Lab Blue and a Tiki Bar or Mike's soap. For $29 rubles it is worth a shot.

1 795
 08-20-2014, 09:16 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Same thought I had...for the money...best OC out there....I bought both of them..the black and silver...(one for back up)

6 2,024
 08-20-2014, 02:12 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Ted, that is true about so many of the products we use. I just stated the same idea about the shaving cream I used in today's SOTD. Quality (and junk) can be found at all price levels of wet shaving paraphernalia.

2 11,211
 08-21-2014, 02:34 AM
  • rxd
  • Ex-Lurker
User Info
I have 3 different Parker's and I really like all of them. Sure my Weber's and my Gillette's are better but that doesn't mean my Parker's don't work really well...

0 5
 08-21-2014, 11:00 AM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
and considering the cost if they don,t last 10 years you can buy another one and still be way ahead money wise....they do shave well...facts are facts..

6 2,024
 08-22-2014, 04:31 AM
User Info
Well it's made my wishlist, though with low priority. For that kind of money you can just test the waters safely.

0 50
 08-22-2014, 05:59 AM
User Info
I got into wet shaving to "save money" and stayed for the shaving culture. (My acquisition disorder also was revealed) Blush
I could have been very happy shaving with my Merkur 180. ($31) It did, and continues to perform well, but the lure of new gear has gotten the best of me. Angel

39 3,919
 08-22-2014, 06:41 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
(08-22-2014, 05:59 AM)primotenore Wrote: I got into wet shaving to "save money" and stayed for the shaving culture. (My acquisition disorder also was revealed) Blush
I could have been very happy shaving with my Merkur 180. ($31) It did, and continues to perform well, but the lure of new gear has gotten the best of me. Angel

Amen to that, I hear ya' bro.

1 795
 08-23-2014, 10:09 AM
  • joedy
  • Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
User Info
Shaving is a chore, but wet shaving with new things gives me something to look forward to each morning.

-joedy

12 87
 08-23-2014, 11:21 AM
User Info
I received a 26C a couple of days ago. Used it last night, with a new Voskhod blade. Wonderful shave, wonderful razor. Love the feel/weight of it in hand.

1 67
 08-25-2014, 07:08 PM
User Info
Don't really get the aggressive thing. I have a wiry beard according to my response to blades. Aggressive razors don't give me a closer shave just more razor burn and nicks.

2 58