08-20-2014, 11:46 AM
  • Karlo
  • Manila, PHL
User Info
I'm trying to figure out my end of year order (essentially soap and cream supply for 2015) and wondered if anyone here has used the new Lea puck?

I've read one or two posts that say it is as good or even better than Harris. I was planning to order some Arlington but if Lea is just as good, I'd probably go with the Spanish soap instead.

Thanks!

2 286
 08-20-2014, 11:56 AM
User Info
Both are really good soaps. The LEA has a sandalwood & moss scent (very nice) & has a touch menthol as well. I found the lather to be up there with the top tier soaps, Harris, MWF, Valobra etc.
The Arlington like any Harris soap is superb so you can't go wrong with either.

1 162
 08-20-2014, 12:14 PM
  • Karlo
  • Manila, PHL
User Info
(08-20-2014, 11:56 AM)suffolksupplies Wrote: Both are really good soaps. The LEA has a sandalwood & moss scent (very nice) & has a touch menthol as well. I found the lather to be up there with the top tier soaps, Harris, MWF, Valobra etc.
The Arlington like any Harris soap is superb so you can't go wrong with either.
Thanks! I've used Arlington sticks and the performance is making me consider a puck. But I've never tried Lea before and the slight dash of menthol is always welcome here in the tropics.

2 286
 08-20-2014, 12:50 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Karlo, I have the new LEA Classic puck and I like it a lot. Very easy to get a great lather out of it and the performance is excellent. Arlington actually irritated my skin a little so I stopped using it, so I'm not sure if I'm the best person to compare them. However, I will say LEA performed just as good for me but I liked the scent more, and as you mentioned, the slight menthol is always welcome for me as well. So of course I would go with LEA, however I really don't think you'll go wrong either way

34 1,628
 08-20-2014, 03:13 PM
User Info
I agree with the comparison with Harris soaps. It is a very hard soap, it may take a little more while to load your brush, but the resulting lather is great!

2 5,547
 08-20-2014, 05:29 PM
User Info
I own the Lea. And the new Lea cream. Both are very well made high quality products. I also happen to own all 5 scented DR Harris soaps. And I can't really say Lea is better or worse than DR Harris. The performance is equally great. I think perhaps the 3 Valobra soaps in the pots and the 2 Czech & Speak soaps (88 & O&C) I also own are a slight step above because they give me slightly more protection and slightly better glide and maybe my Penhaligon Sartorial soap is also a tiny step above the Lea/DR Harris soaps. But the Lea soap is a great soap at a pretty fair price.

An advice if you look for a high performing soap with an incensy smoked mentholated scent that produces great lather - look into getting a puck of the I Colonial Mango oil soap. It's pretty spectacular for the relatively modest price it cost.

24 5,965
 08-21-2014, 05:56 PM
  • oscar11
  • North Dakota
User Info
I guess I'll be the lone voice of descent. It isn't close to the performance of D.R. Harris soap. It lathers readily but I'm not seeing quality of lather I see with Harris. Love the menthol and scent but this one isn't for me.

12 743
 08-22-2014, 11:13 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(08-20-2014, 05:29 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: An advice if you look for a high performing soap with an incensy smoked mentholated scent that produces great lather - look into getting a puck of the I Colonial Mango oil soap. It's pretty spectacular for the relatively modest price it cost.

Funny, I used it this morning and had that same thought… VERY top-tier performer for a middle-of-the-road price. It's a real winner.

59 2,804
 06-16-2015, 10:31 PM
User Info
Old thread but I just wanted to add that I absolutely love the LEA classic puck.

Most people love the LEA tallow stick and whilst I also think it's good, the puck is miles ahead in every category!

I rate this soap significantly higher than DR Harris!

I love the scent of LEA, I love the cushion and the glide and the post shave is just amazing!

At the price it's being sold for, I'm going to stock up on it because it's shot right to the top in my den!

0 80
 06-17-2015, 05:48 AM
User Info
(08-20-2014, 12:50 PM)Giorgio Wrote: Karlo, I have the new LEA Classic puck and I like it a lot. Very easy to get a great lather out of it and the performance is excellent. Arlington actually irritated my skin a little so I stopped using it,

+1

(06-16-2015, 10:31 PM)nav Wrote: Old thread but I just wanted to add that I absolutely love the LEA classic puck.

Most people love the LEA tallow stick and whilst I also think it's good, the puck is miles ahead in every category!

I rate this soap significantly higher than DR Harris!

I love the scent of LEA, I love the cushion and the glide and the post shave is just amazing!

At the price it's being sold for, I'm going to stock up on it because it's shot right to the top in my den!

+1

great soap!

21 1,175
 06-17-2015, 05:57 AM
User Info
I had the LEA Classic soap puck, i got rid of it since it just didn't work with my skin. It ended up drying my skin out, which is a shame since i thought the performance was top notch, the scent was ok for me- neither love nor hate.

7 786
 06-17-2015, 01:12 PM
User Info
Own both the cream and soap. Cream is nice 7/10, soap is great 8.5/10

24 5,965