08-21-2014, 02:48 AM
User Info
This review is recovered from the old review section for archival reasons

About seven weeks ago, the scuttle I ordered from Yoresh on Etsy arrived. Since then, I've used it for the majority of my shaves.

It performs well - the fact that I have used it for almost all my shaves is a testament to that.

The bowl is slightly shallow, but a deeper bowl would mean a much larger scuttle overall, so it's a trade off that is worth it in my opinion. The patterning in the bottom helps building the lather, even more so if your brush is springy with lots of backbone.

It retains the heat well when I fill it with hot water, and even without water it stays warm to the touch for quite some time - the thich walls gives it quite some thermal mass. The downside of that is that it needs time to preheat as well... again, a trade off that is worth it.

Bottom line, if you're in need for a scuttle, a Yoresh might be just the thing.

[Image: DSC_4331.JPG][Image: DSC_4333.JPG][Image: 2014-07-28%2005.58.06.jpg]

3 4,479
 08-21-2014, 04:20 PM
User Info
I picked up a Yoresh quite a while ago and it is a nice scuttle. Good size; keeps the lather warm for a 2 pass plus touch-up. I like the way she made the "lather grooves" with sharper edges than some vendors. Good for whipping up the lather. Quality pottery combined with good shipping and decent prices makes the Yoresh a good value. Plus it is neat to have pottery from Israel

Just think...a scuttle from Israel, a brush from Portugal, a blade from Germany, a soap from Spain, and a good old Gillette Fatboy from the USA. Doesn't get any better!!!!!

Ed

[Image: D0rFnM2.jpg]

22 752
 03-27-2015, 05:28 AM
  • HarryO
  • FLA, USA.
User Info
This scuttle is beautiful! A question, does it come with a lid? And is it one piece.? Thanks. HarryO

21 462
 03-27-2015, 05:49 AM
User Info
Here is a link to her Etsy site.  She does great work and is most responsive to emails.  I recommend you make contact with her.  I am confident she could make you a lidded scuttle.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Yoresh?page=2

Ed

22 752
 03-27-2015, 07:51 AM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
The scuttle pictured above is one piece. 

59 4,484
 03-27-2015, 05:28 PM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
....I have a Yoresh scuttle too.......  it is one of my favorites, plus Michal is a pleasure to deal with.....

45 1,066
 03-23-2016, 09:33 AM
User Info
Just got my Yoresh scuttle this week, 3 shave in...quite nice. Wife likes Yoresh scuttle much better on sink...smaller footprint and prettier. As for performance, super. Lathers great. Allows my Muhle HJM synthetic brush to sit and soak nicely. A+ recommendation from me.

36 892