05-21-2012, 09:42 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
So it would seem there is a few people who have not tried this stuff and would like to know a little bit more about it,

a look at the ingrediants, notice no parabens, and in some cases certified organic materials being used, also note its made in canada, J.M. Fraser is the only other cream made up here and i dont know of any cosmetic houses that could be doing this for them, so this is either small batch stuff from a place i dont know of or is based at J.M. Frasers manufacturing house

Notice the directions for use lol, ive never done this before never heard of anyone loading a brush this way, and although it does work as i did try it, i get better results swirling right on top of product and i believe i use less doing it that way as well

This being a concentrated cream it takes a bit more water and a little more work then your standard creightens house creams (three t's) or say proraso style ones, but it isnt difficult by any means

The cream goes on for me a lot lighter then the before mentioned ones as well, to me it doesnt feel nearly as heavy on the skin, that took me a bit getting used to but once i did i really enjoyed this stuff, my face feels great after a good solid three pass, and it does stay in my rotation with my other well liked products,which would be my CF creams, MWF, C&E sienna, and a few RR ones if you have a pretty solid core group of soaps/creams/croaps i would say it probably isnt worth the change up as their is lots of other stuff out there at same performance levels you may have,... if you are looking to add something new to the den or just something different i would say it surely worth a look indeed

I paid $32 for the tub its 5.3 oz. but being a concentrated cream it will last quite some time indeed so value wise it is a good buy for something trying to use organic, and natural ingredients this is actually kind of a bargain as those products dont normally come cheap

3 748
 05-21-2012, 09:47 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Thanks for the info!
WOW,essential oils of sandalwood and lavender.How does it smells?
Yes,the price is right for having so many organic ingredients.The essential oils are quiet expensive these days.

86 7,123
 05-21-2012, 09:53 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Smell is in the air,. im horrible with this kind of thing (took me three days to figure out C&E nomad smelled of jalepenos) lol but i am getting a black licorice thing which it may be that i have a mismatched product as the other cream GR offers called the black ice has anise in it, and the balm, which i love, also in the standard smells much different,...
The Balm carries a very herbal, almost woodsy lavender, lavender is just something i dont have a lot of so this may be me wrong on the cream waiting to hear back from GR to sort this out

They did write me back, and let me know that the balm carries a very different scent then the cream and what i may be picking up on is the combo of the lav, sandalwood, and ylang ylang, mixed together.. having never tried there black ice its probably me i have some CF lav sample on the way out to me i could mix a little with some sandalwood here see if i get closer to this scent

3 748
 05-21-2012, 08:06 PM
  • Brent
  • Columbus, OH
User Info
Great review. Though I'm not up for an anise scented product, it sounds like a decent performer. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the other scent when you recieve.

0 353
 05-21-2012, 10:01 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
this one should be the other scent lol, the one i have i believe is the black ice version which is the anise scented one... but ill know for sure when i get the other products, I hope i am not wrong on this one, but i really do get black licorice from the one i have here

3 748