08-21-2014, 05:40 PM
User Info
Just got one off Amazon a few days ago. I'm pretty new to the old fashioned shaving realm. I have been using a Merkur short heavy for a while and I think I got a good technique down. The Parker however, just seems so aggressive and tears my face, especially my neck up. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

I switched over to the DE because I like so many others here, got sick of over paying for cartridges. I do still use canned shave cream as opposed to the brush and soap method. Does that have any affect on how the shave turns out?

Any input and advice would be much appreciated gentlemen. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 3
 08-21-2014, 05:44 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Parker,s are usually a bit more aggressive...but make sure the blade is flat against the bottom and the 'doors" are snugly closed....(no supreme strength is required...just close them firmly)As far as the shave cream...each to their own...apply over freshly washed face,a warm washcloth soak and don,t apply too thick...rub it in and re-apply if necessary....I get the best results with a Fusion on my neck and across the grain...blades last for months this way...so not a big deal(for me anyway)

6 2,045