08-23-2014, 11:16 AM
User Info
I know I saw somewhere that someone had replaced the plastic scales with more traditional ones. Does anyone here recall seeing such a thing? I'd love to have mine done, but don't know where to start. (Applying to the collected wisdom here was the best I could think of).

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 89
 08-23-2014, 11:29 AM
User Info
(08-23-2014, 11:16 AM)Chad O Wrote: I know I saw somewhere that someone had replaced the plastic scales with more traditional ones. Does anyone here recall seeing such a thing? I'd love to have mine done, but don't know where to start. (Applying to the collected wisdom here was the best I could think of).

Thanks in advance.

I had a Kai Standard in black water buffalo horn (it has since been sold).

Shoot a PM to mycarver, he can do just about anything. I cannot recommend Mark highly enough.

129 6,685
 08-23-2014, 03:21 PM
User Info
(08-23-2014, 11:29 AM)wingdo Wrote:
(08-23-2014, 11:16 AM)Chad O Wrote: I know I saw somewhere that someone had replaced the plastic scales with more traditional ones. Does anyone here recall seeing such a thing? I'd love to have mine done, but don't know where to start. (Applying to the collected wisdom here was the best I could think of).

Thanks in advance.

I had a Kai Standard in black water buffalo horn (it has since been sold).

Shoot a PM to mycarver, he can do just about anything. I cannot recommend Mark highly enough.
I have used nothing else since receiving it. I don't think I have even looked at the DE forum since.

Traditional scales really make it look and feel great. Definitely worth the trouble IMHO.

6 1,224
 08-23-2014, 07:17 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
 08-23-2014, 09:30 PM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
I believe the one that Wingdo had was from UkRob, another one from his hand:

Feather Artist DX

Just to give you another option, but the suggestions above are excellent!

28 1,433
 08-23-2014, 11:13 PM
User Info
I think you will find that UKROB on the TSR posted his Feather for sale with custom scales that he fitted, it was a fantastic job made the razor look super cool. I am thinking about getting him to do my Feather.

0 100