08-26-2014, 01:10 AM
User Info
Removed by TSE

18 879
 08-26-2014, 03:23 AM
User Info
I respectfully disagree with this decision: imposing new limits is not the right way to solve existing limits. We're all gentlemen, adults and vaccinated, and I think that when a member watches an embedded video with suspect content, he can report this to a moderator. In other words, we're able to moderate ourselves.

I have watched videos here that I would have never found elsewhere because I don't go around searching for videos, shaving related or not. Having video reviews here also brings traffic to the site, if this is seen as a positive thing.

0 128
 08-26-2014, 04:07 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
The thoughts and opinions expressed here are valued and appreciated. Nonetheless, the policy stands as stated.

TSN is primarily a forum centered around written format of communication. It is felt that the written format is optimal and best suited for content such as reviews, for various reasons, and that video presentation of such information is not necessarily adding any true value. Ease of moderating is not the only factor here. An exception is being made here for instructional type videos, as this is one example where written presentation cannot adequately present what is better shown visually.

We do not wish to engage in further expansion of video formats on this forum; as there are already well established arenas dedicated for this form of communication, i.e. YouTube, Facebook, etc.

As Phil stated, this decision was made after much thought and deliberation. We appreciate the membership's understanding in this matter.

102 17,914
 08-26-2014, 08:32 AM
User Info
For those who have disagreed with the rule, and realize that the moderator / administrator team is always open to discussion of topics regarding the site, I just wish to ask ....

Have you discussed this with any of the mods? Have you reached out to discuss the issue with one of them? Or have you just gone on a wild TSN bashing rampage elsewhere without any discussion with the moderator team? It's easy to tarnish one's own reputation, it's far more difficult to polish it back up.

129 6,685
 08-26-2014, 08:49 AM
User Info
I humbly offer my apologies to the moderators and members of the shave Nook and I apologize for even raising the issue.

18 879
 09-01-2014, 04:01 AM
User Info
(08-26-2014, 03:23 AM)MrDentini Wrote: I respectfully disagree with this decision: imposing new limits is not the right way to solve existing limits. We're all gentlemen, adults and vaccinated, and I think that when a member watches an embedded video with suspect content, he can report this to a moderator. In other words, we're able to moderate ourselves.

I have watched videos here that I would have never found elsewhere because I don't go around searching for videos, shaving related or not. Having video reviews here also brings traffic to the site, if this is seen as a positive thing.

+1 The videos were a strong attraction to visiting the web site. Wonder if there were other reasons!

0 113
 09-01-2014, 07:01 AM
User Info
(09-01-2014, 04:01 AM)sandan Wrote: The videos were a strong attraction to visiting the web site. Wonder if there were other reasons!

YMMV, but the thing that attracted me to TSN - and that has kept me here - is the feeling of it being more than just a forum... something I have not found on the other wetshaving forums I lurk at.

Personally I don't care if video reviews are allowed or not - the only wetshaving videos I watch are the how-to's.

3 3,787
 09-01-2014, 07:16 AM
User Info
You folks who miss the video content can PM me and I can tell you where most of the old content resides now. Most if the old contributors are still active in other places and I'd be happy to share this with you privately.

As for the TSN decision, I respect it. I'm sure they have their reasons and we just have to move on. There's still wonderful content to be explored and taken in here at TSN.

18 879
 09-01-2014, 11:17 PM
User Info
FWIW, one real advantage to text based articles is that they are searchable. Cheers!

0 34
 09-06-2014, 02:16 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
While I looked forward to TSEvangelist videos, there seemed to be a sudden increase in the number of reviewers and videos, which seemed more fitting with YouTube. Unfortunately, in my opinion, videos are a wave of the future and are here to stay. I can't even check the news headlines without having to first watch a commercial followed by a video of the event, rather than reading the story. If I didn't know this was driven by money, I would think that there was a nationwide plot to "dumb down America" with these videos. I for one, am very happy to put on my glasses and read a review of products, although I'll still look for TSEvangelist on YouTube.

36 4,769
 09-06-2014, 03:57 PM
User Info
I understand the decision, but would limiting the length of the videos be an adequate compromise?

0 978
 09-06-2014, 06:21 PM
User Info
This was a bad decision. Should have just gone with the idea that a youtube video is off-site, and no problem with linking to off site material.

My enjoyment will be lessened, all for making it easier to administer rules about content.

0 303