08-24-2014, 04:38 PM
User Info
Hey Guys,

I recently got these blades in a sampler pack/trade. These Wilkinson Sword blades have been amazing blades for me, no nicks, no cuts and a nice smooth shave.

Can someone tell me what kind of blades these are, I believe they came from the tuck pictured; but the one I used were loose blades so I can't be sure. I've seen Wilkinson Sword blades from India, Germany and Brazil; I just want to sure I can pinpoint what blades these are and where I can buy them from.

Here is a picture:
[Image: ll9KAJ7.jpg]

Thanks!

24 664
 08-25-2014, 12:11 AM
User Info
They look identical to the packs I picked up from Connaught Shaving, who says on their website that they are from Solingen, Germany.
Granted, Wilkinson may use the same packaging for all their factories, so that may or may not help any.

And yes, they are Good Blades Smile

3 4,675
 08-25-2014, 05:03 AM
User Info
Very generic looking packaging but glad to hear they work for you. I recently used my last WS made in England which were NOS. A great blade.

122 13,213
 08-25-2014, 06:04 AM
  • jamesrobson5
  • Chubby Chaser... Big Brush is Best!
  • Sherwood Park AB Canada!
User Info
Hello fellow Canadian, You sir are in luck. These blades can be found in most Safeway stores here in Alberta, or alternatly at Fendrihan.com. The ones on the web are in a white pack but the same blades. I think the black pack is 10 and the white is 5 blades.

29 1,627
 08-26-2014, 05:55 AM
User Info
Thanks all! I also found a plastic tuck with a rounded bulbous end on it; the wrapping looks like the one in the picture. I'm thinking that these are the made in Germany variety also; I used a second blade today with a great shave. I even tried to be a little more aggressive with it to get a closer shave around my adams apple; got a few microweepers but nothing too bad! Alum sting was minimal as well.

I think i've found my grail blade! Thanks so much for all your help fellas!

24 664
 08-27-2014, 12:21 AM
User Info
I agree with you, this is also "my" blade. Glad it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 202
 08-28-2014, 09:52 AM
User Info
I recently found them after a 2 year break.
These are now my favorite blades.
They are sharp, enough, and forgiving. As smooth as can be.
I just came back from trip back home.
I got 9 (!!!!) shaves from a single blade. The last 2 were not as great as the first 7... but not bad either.

6 861
 08-28-2014, 11:17 AM
User Info
So far, I've used one for 5 shaves. I think I could have gotten more out of it, but I started to get 3 or 4 microweepers which was unusual so far for this blade. I figured that was a sign that the blade was done, but now that I think about it, it might have just been bad technique.

Great blades! I'm keen to try a made in India blade to see how it differs. I remember using a PermaSharp blade and feeling the same way about it.

24 664
 08-29-2014, 08:32 PM
User Info
Good to hear this blades are working out for you. I haven't had much success with these, at all.
The PermaSharp Supers, however, have provided much better results and they are a great blade.

83 21,113
 09-01-2014, 08:19 AM
User Info
My local international grocery store sells these for .99 a 5 pack. I didn't love them or hate them. I'm glad to hear you like them. I will continue to buy them once in a while just to make sure they keep stocking DE blades.

1 35