08-24-2014, 09:06 PM
User Info
So I bought the DLC cap and plate from Ikon. There was no need to get another handle. It's not bad. It's really really mild. I dropped the damn thing and some of the coating chipped off. It's a nice razor, but...well I've leave it at that. I was compare it to the ATT M2, and it really didn't compare. It is smooth though. I'll give it that. That M2 is awesome. I didn't really like it at first, but the more I use it, the better it gets. I also found out that I really like Supermax blades. They came with the Ikon and they're very nice. I've also been using this skincare line called Cellmen. The only thing that scares me is those crazy Swiss don't tell you what's in it. Whatever it is, it's improved my shaving drastically. The Splash is best aftershave I've ever used and the scrub and face wash are incredible. You can actually use it to shave due to it's slickness. I'm got the whole line, but everything hasn't arrived yet. I need a new brush also. I have that stupid AOS Silver TIp with the fancy handle. It's okay, but I know there's much better ones out there. I was looking at Thaters. I forgot the model but it was pretty damn nice. Here's a pic of the razor and skin products I was talking about. If anyone knows anything about it, please let me know. Apparently it's really obscure.[Image: 8jifPvV.jpg][Image: ybk8Oc3.jpg]

0 45
 08-25-2014, 01:10 PM
User Info
First off congratulations in obtaining some really nice products. The iKon OC DLC is a very nice razor although somewhat on the mild side but that seems to suit a lot of guys. Anytime you use good products it always helps the shaving experience. A good brush to consider is a Simpson. It doesn't have to be the most expensive model. I have one which is middle range and it works great.

121 13,123
 08-27-2014, 03:35 AM
User Info
I was looking at those. The AOS brush I have now is fine, but it's the only one I've had, so I don't know how it stacks up against Simpsons, Rooneys, Muhle, etc. It's very soft, I'll tell you that, but I want something that's soft It's just I tend invest more in skincare products rather than buying a brushes and razors. My girlfriend yelled at me for the amount of money I spent on this stuff but even she's amazed how well it works. It doesn't matter how good your razor, brush and shaving cream are. If your skin is in bad shape, you're going to have a terrible shave. The Cellmen line works like magic. I don't know what's in it because they don't tell you, which is odd. Whatever it is, it works wonders.

0 45
 08-31-2014, 08:26 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
I had the iKon OC stainless and really liked it, so I got the DLC version and sold the stainless because I love black razors. It is on the mild side, but it suits my sensitive skin, and I get great shaves with it.

I've never used the ATT razors, so I can't compare, but you note that you didn't like the M2 at first and grew to like it. I would give the iKon the same timeframe to see if you grow to like it as well. Different razors require slightly different technique, and you might find a blade or two that work especially well for you with the iKon.

Never heard of the Cellmen line so I looked it up. Holy *#$%, that stuff is crazy expensive! I sure hope it is good W00t Enjoy your shaves!

60 843