08-24-2014, 09:49 PM
  • slr31
  • Garden City, India
User Info
Hello Folks,
After reading about how well Noxzema worked as pre-shave for many on another forum, I was on the lookout for an alternative that was Gelatin free. Tried Shea Butter and though it is healing for the skin, my face did not like it and left it greasy. Enter my new find: Jergens All Purpose Face Cream found at many stores including Walmart. The color and design work on the tub may be a put off but does it work and incredibly at it. The label reads as "Deep Cleansing, Softening, Moisturizing" like it was ideally made to be used as a pre-shave.

[Image: h0Ykv4C.jpg?1]

Have used it for over a dozen times and I am in love with this. Apply a little on my face and massage it. Leave it for about 5 mins, the same time I leave my brush to soak. Do not wash away but just wet face, lather and experience extra smooth shaves using any razor you have used before. What I love about it - it is non-greasy, adds very apparent slickness for a smooth shave, easy to wash off, a relatively simple ingredient list (compared to few others I checked) and cheap. Did I say cheap - about a pound of product for less than $4.

Ingredients: Mineral Oil, Water, Beeswax, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Sodium Borate, Fragrance, Isopropyl Myristate, DMDM Hydantoin, Red 4.

If you have not tried it, I will encourage you to do so. Let us know how this works for you. If you have already tried it, would love to hear how it worked. Thank You for reading!

83 561
 09-17-2014, 04:39 AM
  • slr31
  • Garden City, India
User Info
Have been using this for over a month now and it has become staple in my shave den. Just loving it!

Any one else who have used this?

83 561
 09-18-2014, 10:49 PM
  • CMur12
  • Semogueiro de Coração
  • Moses Lake, Washington State, USA
User Info
Roopesh, are you lathering the face cream itself, are you applying bowl-made lather over the face cream, or are you face-lathering a separate soap/cream over the face cream?

- Murray

4 1,150
 09-19-2014, 06:49 PM
  • Harvid
  • London ON, Canada
User Info
And not available in Canada! Well, unless Amazon Canada lists it from the US at $15 including shipping! Looks like it will be Noxema here, or my next trip to the US.

1 29
 09-24-2014, 12:19 AM
  • slr31
  • Garden City, India
User Info
(09-18-2014, 10:49 PM)CMur12 Wrote: Roopesh, are you lathering the face cream itself, are you applying bowl-made lather over the face cream, or are you face-lathering a separate soap/cream over the face cream?

- Murray

Murray, Yes face-lathering a separate soap/cream over this face cream. I am using this face cream as pre-shave to help in softening of hair and provide slickness during shave. A few minutes after I apply this cream, wet face and then lather using any cream/soap like you would normally. Working well for me.

(09-19-2014, 06:49 PM)Harvid Wrote: And not available in Canada! Well, unless Amazon Canada lists it from the US at $15 including shipping! Looks like it will be Noxema here, or my next trip to the US.

Sorry to hear. I hear people rave about Noxzema. Was not an option for me as it contains Gelatin. Do let us know if you get to use the Jergens.

83 561
 10-10-2014, 06:32 PM
User Info
went shopping for jergens and could not find it. bought ponds face cream on wifes suggestion and love it. bet it is very similar to jergens.

73 1,297