08-31-2014, 05:16 AM
User Info
Every time I use this brush I love more. The tips are soft and feels good on face. [Image: wAeU2nK.jpg]

61 3,072
 08-31-2014, 07:11 AM
User Info
I also really enjoy using this brush. Soft tips, decent backbone, not as dense as other brushes but I like this since it allows for great flow-through.

And at a fantastic price, too!

0 47
 08-31-2014, 09:08 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I agree...it's one of those brushes that felt so familiar the very first time I've used it. Definitely a favorite and sees a lot of use. The knot isn't huge, but man can it hold some lather. It's an excellent all around brush that I'm really glad is in my den Biggrin

34 1,628
 08-31-2014, 01:56 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
You're right, it really is a great little brush!

BTW, Semogue BC... Texugo. Smile

26 4,928
 08-31-2014, 05:35 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I'm glad you are enjoying the Texugo, it really is a fantastic little brush!

99 18,011
 08-31-2014, 05:43 PM
User Info
Yes Ben, I should have a backup.

(08-31-2014, 05:35 PM)ben74 Wrote: I'm glad you are enjoying the Texugo, it really is a fantastic little brush!

61 3,072
 09-01-2014, 02:36 PM
User Info
A great little brush indeed. Enjoy it, I surely enjoy mine!

2 5,547
 09-01-2014, 06:31 PM
  • LORDBISHOP
  • Lover of the Wet Shaving way of Life
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
Love this brush! I have one of the original numbered ones, and was shocked at the quality knot/hair characteristics... Since the re-release I've truly thought about a backup Biggrin

4 794
 09-02-2014, 01:14 PM
  • Crag
  • Menifee, Ca 92586
User Info
I recently acquired one of the non-numbered versions, and was shocked that there seems to be no difference in the quality from the LE version to the regular versions, at least from what I have seen! I was fortunate to have a friend lend me his Barbear Classico Texugo, and it was beautiful, so I jumped at the chance to buy one for myself! I wasn't expecting the same quality, but was VERY surprised after the first shave...It felt just as good and made the same lather! Everything looked and felt the same, which was VERY nice.

Usually when a brush maker makes a Limited Ed brush they set it apart from the regular versions, but in this case I think I got the same quality as the LE versions...

I was very happy about it!

74 1,509
 09-02-2014, 01:55 PM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
(09-02-2014, 01:14 PM)Crag Wrote: I recently acquired one of the non-numbered versions, and was shocked that there seems to be no difference in the quality from the LE version to the regular versions, at least from what I have seen! I was fortunate to have a friend lend me his Barbear Classico Texugo, and it was beautiful, so I jumped at the chance to buy one for myself! I wasn't expecting the same quality, but was VERY surprised after the first shave...It felt just as good and made the same lather! Everything looked and felt the same, which was VERY nice.

Usually when a brush maker makes a Limited Ed brush they set it apart from the regular versions, but in this case I think I got the same quality as the LE versions...

I was very happy about it!

You're absolutely right, Matt, the numbered and non numbered BC brushes (Boar, Mistura or Badger) have exactly the same hair within each type of brush, the difference is really the fact that the first ones were a numbered edition.

There can, of course, occur small batch variations, since the LE brushes were done some time before the other ones... but apart from that, they should be pretty much the same.

26 4,928
 09-03-2014, 05:35 PM
User Info
How does the Texugo knot compare to others such as Simpsons 2 band, Thater, M&F Blonde.

3 6