05-22-2012, 08:30 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
With a recent purchase of a Manchurian badger brush from Simpsons, I was surprised to find a tub of Vulfix Persian Musk Shaving cream included.

I hadn't read anything about Vulfix creams and must admit I had no particular expectations.

I didn't catch much of a musk scent (but that may be due to some nasal congestion, as I've been unwell of late). The packaging was basic and this also lessened my expectations.

Well, this product was rich and very creamy. Extremely easy to lather, nice cushion and glide. Even more importantly for me it left me sensitive skin feeling fine and not dehydrated. It was slicker, wetter and denser than other creams I've tried and performed well. I had enough for multiple passes and it required very little water.

Has anyone else tried Vulfix shaving creams?

I'd be keen to learn if the other scents are stronger as I was disappointed not to smell musk.

91 17,874
 05-22-2012, 08:49 AM
User Info
The Vulfix Persian Musk is one of my favorite creams. The scent is very mild and un "musk" like. I think it might be impossible to not get an excellent lather with this cream.

6 230
 05-22-2012, 08:51 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
(05-22-2012, 08:49 AM)Bowlturner Wrote: The Vulfix Persian Musk is one of my favorite creams. The scent is very mild and un "musk" like. I think it might be impossible to not get an excellent lather with this cream.

You are right on both accounts! An extremely easy cream to lather with great results...

91 17,874
 05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I have the Rose and you are right, a great, slick, cushioned lather. The Rose scent is not too obtrusive or feminine and it's not overly colored so it doesn't stain any of my brushes.

6 905
 05-22-2012, 09:54 AM
  • xraygun
  • Bainbridge Island
User Info
I have the Sicilian Lime.
Frankly I think it's a vastly superior scent to the Castle Forbes. It actually smells like Sicilian limes. Performance wise I have no complaints. Price is super cheap.

I like to make super lather with it and the Vitos Extra Coconut.
Fantastic and inexpensive combo.

5 270
 05-22-2012, 10:38 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Ben,can you post the ingredients of that cream?
Im still expecting the Simpsons shaving cream and shaving soap.I bet theyre gonna be really good.

86 7,123
 05-22-2012, 10:48 AM
User Info
Fantastic performance and scents are really nice too.

I've tried Persian musk, lavender and rose and they are great scents. They aren't the usual scents you expect, the vulfix twist is really nice.

7 1,179
 05-22-2012, 12:26 PM
User Info
I'm going to sound like a bit of a broken record here BUT ...

I'll say it anyway ...

I've tried just about every 'new fandangled cream' brought out in the last few years and I haven't found one yet that outperforms our Vulfix creams.

Yes, the packaging is God awful. Yes, the labeling is frankly embarrassing but for what the cream is designed to do & value for moneywise, I believe there is no equal - except when the Simpson big brother launches later in June!!! Tongue

The packaging issues are being addressed and I believe as more and more folk experiment with our creams, the more they will be impressed.

Our creams are made by a manufacturer exclusive to us - they are top of their game.

Anyway - there was the sales pitch!!!

Go forth and try it Cool

1 630
 05-22-2012, 12:34 PM
  • Songwind
  • Soap Slinger & Scuttle Pusher
  • Burnsville, MN
User Info
Shhh! I just bought soaps and creams! No tempting!

10 1,858
 05-22-2012, 12:42 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Mark :

thanks a lot for the info,sir.

Could you please post the ingredients of the Vulfix shaving soap?I havent found its ingredients anywhere.

The Vulfix Lavender shaving cream is a nice one,I must admit.I would have to try the soap and other shaving creams in the future.

86 7,123
 05-22-2012, 01:24 PM
User Info
Mine is Sicilian Lime and it came with the M7 MB.

The list of ingredients is pretty large. I still haven't found out how to put a photo here, and I am not too eager to start typing ;-). Let's pich some:

Stearic acid is first after water. The Myristic acid. Potassium hydroxide. Coconut acid. Glycerin. Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate. Methylparaben. Butylparaben. Aloe barbadensis.

Any specific interest?

0 641
 05-22-2012, 01:59 PM
  • Brent
  • Columbus, OH
User Info
Thanks for the review Ben and the info Mark. I wasn't very aware of this product so if I come across it I may try it. Sounds like a great performer.

Just from my perspective packaging is not too important to me. As long as the product doesn't sponteneously explode when I open it, I'd rather have mediocre packaging than pay extra money for something made to withstand an atom bomb or be especially fancy.

0 353
 05-22-2012, 10:46 PM
User Info
Unless its been tweaked, I remember my tub of Sicilian Limes smelling more like dish soap rather than limes; this was 2 years ago or so.

It lathered pretty damn good though.

0 652
 05-22-2012, 11:56 PM
User Info
(05-22-2012, 12:42 PM)Teiste Wrote: I havent found its ingredients anywhere.

http://www.codecheck.info/kosmetische_mi..._Cream.pro
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Vulfix_Sa...ngredients

0 112
 05-23-2012, 12:16 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(05-22-2012, 11:56 PM)infabo Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 12:42 PM)Teiste Wrote: I havent found its ingredients anywhere.

http://www.codecheck.info/kosmetische_mi..._Cream.pro
http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Vulfix_Sa...ngredients

I was referring to the Vulfix shaving soap,but thanks for posting the shaving creams ones.
Have you found the Vulfix shaving soap ingredients?

Never mind,I finally found it :

Sodium palmate, potassium palmate, sodium palm kernalate, water, glycerin, potassium palm kernalate, stearic acid, parfum, limeonene, paraffinum liquidum, linalool, isopropyl myristate, BHT, tetrasodium EDTA, sodium chloride, coumarin, geraniol, pentasodium, pentetate.

Which,by the way,are pretty similar to the Truefitt and Hill soap (before parafinum liquidum was removed)

[Image: 55190345.jpg]

the Taylor of Old Bond Street 50 g shaving soap :

[Image: IMG_3009.jpg]

and the current Vintage Blades lavender shaving soap.

86 7,123
 05-23-2012, 01:01 AM
User Info
Sandalwood ...

My favourite Cool

Attached Files Image(s)

1 630
 05-23-2012, 01:10 AM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
(05-23-2012, 01:01 AM)Simpson1919 Wrote: Sandalwood ...

My favourite Cool

I've almost finished the Persian Musk, next up will be the Rose.

Might need to get my hands on the Sandalwood too!

(05-22-2012, 12:26 PM)Simpson1919 Wrote: I'm going to sound like a bit of a broken record here BUT ...

I'll say it anyway ...

I've tried just about every 'new fandangled cream' brought out in the last few years and I haven't found one yet that outperforms our Vulfix creams.

Yes, the packaging is God awful. Yes, the labeling is frankly embarrassing but for what the cream is designed to do & value for moneywise, I believe there is no equal - except when the Simpson big brother launches later in June!!! Tongue

The packaging issues are being addressed and I believe as more and more folk experiment with our creams, the more they will be impressed.

Our creams are made by a manufacturer exclusive to us - they are top of their game.

Anyway - there was the sales pitch!!!

Go forth and try it Cool

Can't wait for June!

91 17,874
 05-23-2012, 02:14 AM
  • ajc347
  • Exeter, UK
User Info
Sicillian Limes is one of my favourite creams.

I find Vulfix creams to be the best value creams out there (along with TOBS).

I can't wait to try the Simpsons variant Mark alludes to in his post. Smile

32 638
 05-23-2012, 03:08 AM
  • Obie
  • Glendale, Wisconsin
User Info
Gentlemen,
I have the Vulfix lavender shave cream. It has been a good surprise.

132 2,614
 05-23-2012, 03:43 AM
User Info
Gents,

We've been producing the Vulfix creams for around 7 years and they've been listed on our website since they were introduced.

The amount of repeat orders from individuals around the world over the course of that period have led me to believe that we have a cracking product on our hands.

It's not that well advertised but it will be once the packaging issues have been resolved.

Thanks again for the kind words from the chaps on here that have tried and liked the product.

Best Cool

Mark

1 630