09-03-2014, 02:15 AM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
My sister are going to London in a week, and she is planing on taking a tour to Jermyn street for me. However, I was wondering if it is possible to find a EJ DE89 or a Muhle R89 in any of the stores there? I have never been there, but on their webpages (Dr Harris, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Geo F Trumper, Penhaligon's, Czech & Speake etc.) they only have razors from their own brand.

Any help is appreciated.

7 858
 09-03-2014, 02:32 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
I'd buy one online and save. The store is itself interesting, but it's expensive. That part of London generally is. I was there, at the actual shop, just recently. Believe me.

At Floris, just around the corner, though, you might pick up a bargain with one of their soaps. Sometimes they sell for half price in-store.

0 1,769
 09-03-2014, 03:19 AM
User Info
I remember seeing Merkurs on the D. R. Harris shop at St. James Street. But I don't remember seeing any Mühle or Merkur.

They have a nice selection of Simpson brushes, though.

The D R Harris shop at St. James St. is undergoing a renovation, and they are temporarily around the corner at Bury st.

2 5,547
 09-03-2014, 11:13 PM
  • Striky
  • Reipå, Norway
User Info
(09-03-2014, 02:32 AM)Shaun Wrote: I'd buy one online and save. The store is itself interesting, but it's expensive. That part of London generally is. I was there, at the actual shop, just recently. Believe me.

At Floris, just around the corner, though, you might pick up a bargain with one of their soaps. Sometimes they sell for half price in-store.

The import taxes here in Norway is a bit "off the charts" in my mind. If I buy something above $30, I have to pay taxes pluss fees. So a R89 will cost:

Razor: $35
+ shipping: $5
+ 25% vat of razor and shipping: $10
+ Fee to postal service: $16

Total: $66 for a R89

Thats almost double the price of the razor it self.

So, hoped I could get one a bit cheaper in London, since it is going to be a part of a gift to a friend Smile

7 858