09-07-2014, 12:45 PM
  • Karlo
  • Manila, PHL
User Info
When I received a razor case the other day, I found a complimentary tuck of Treet Platinum super stainless in the case. Not having any experience with any Indian or Pakistani blades, I decided to use one for today's shave.

I had about two days' growth. Prep was a face wash using Noxzema. Face lathered PdP with a Duke 2 Best. Loaded a blade into a '58 TV Special and did two passes plus a bit of cleanup.

Feedback is pronounced. You can feel the blade cut so smoothness isn't as high as say Polsilver, Silver Blue or even Personna Red. It doesn't tug but I felt every bit of work it did.

Sharpness is decent. About the same as Astra SP.

I understand these are inexpensive blades, but I was able to get BBS without even shooting for it. I don't see myself hoarding the stuff anytime soon, but it's nice to know that a cheaply priced blade can give very good results, at least on the first shave.

Will see how it fares over the next two or three shaves.

As an aside, while I still like my Progress and AS-D2, I'm really liking the old Gillettes more and more. The Red Tip and prewar Tech are unmatched if I pair them with the right blades. This regular Super Speed is a happy balance between the two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 286
 12-28-2014, 08:58 PM
User Info
Not many people like these blades. I was pleasantly surprised with their performance. I find them sharper than Astra SP. They give me a really good shave. The first time I used them I got a few weepers before I realized how sharp they were. Using appropriate care I now have no problem. They are a good value blade that sells for under $0.10 per blade. I generally get 5 shaves from a blade. I have 200 blades and will keep them in rotation.

0 53
 12-29-2014, 09:13 AM
User Info
I haven't tried the stainless, but I was surprised at how well the Classics worked for me after all the bad reviews I read on them.

0 1,055
 12-29-2014, 09:33 AM
User Info
I like the Treet Platinum's. I can't Speak for their other blade offerings though.

Check it out:

http://shavenook.com/thread-treet-platin...less-steel

0 1,007
 12-29-2014, 04:11 PM
User Info
I can't say that the Classics were my favorite, but from the reviews I found, I thought they were going to rip my face off. I was pleasantly surprised.

0 1,055
 12-30-2014, 08:51 AM
User Info
After trying about 35 blades over the years, I found that there is no relationship between the price of a blade and the quality of the shave I get. I tried the Treet Platinum a long time ago. I don't recall much about it but it did not make my permanent rotation. Perhaps it's time to give them another try, along with the Treet carbon steel blades, which I've never tried.

48 5,729
 12-30-2014, 10:35 AM
User Info
Treet Platinum is - at least for the time - in my standard rotation. They shave well and are gentle on my face... shaves much the same as Astra Greens in most of my razors. They do behave less nicely in aggressive razors though, in my experience.

Bottom line; decent blade, worth looking into.

3 4,374