03-26-2012, 01:10 PM
User Info
Wow! Perhaps I am a boring Brit!

Front Left Pocket - fluff from the tumble dryer
Front Right Pocket - small change
Rear Left Pocket - empty
Rear Right Pocket - wallet

I never have to carry my phone in any pocket as due to work it is always latched to the side of my head!

Gary

0 213
 04-14-2012, 01:07 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
I carry a wallet in my rear left pocket. House keys, misc. keys, car keys, a Leatherman Mirca in my front pockets.
Cell phone on my belt on the left side.
Yes I'm left handed, I do it differently.

1 3,507
 04-14-2012, 02:03 PM
User Info
(04-14-2012, 01:49 PM)freddy Wrote: TMI Sad

Sorry Freddy, no offense intended. I forgot you were in California. Blush Biggrin

2 546
 04-14-2012, 02:09 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(04-14-2012, 02:03 PM)PanchoVilla Wrote:
(04-14-2012, 01:49 PM)freddy Wrote: TMI Sad

Sorry Freddy, no offense intended. I forgot you were in California. Blush Biggrin

[Image: neener.gif]

2 11,211
 04-14-2012, 03:24 PM
User Info
Every day, I carry my phones (one from work, one my own) and my wallet.

At random intervals and as need arises:
Pocket watch
Knife (I have a few, though my Swiss Army and Boker pocket knives are the most convenient)
Keys (I carpool and have a combination lock on my house, so I don't actually carry these that often.)

I need to get back in the habit of carrying a sketchbook everywhere, which necessitates at least one pencil and an eraser. We are quickly into satchel/attache territory once we start down that road. OTOH, it makes life easier on my pockets. Tongue

10 1,858
 04-14-2012, 03:27 PM
User Info
(03-04-2012, 05:49 AM)Manticore Wrote: I'm right there with CMur12 about the Schrade Old Timers, had I known they would be bought out by the chinese I would stocked up. The carbon steel they used in the Old Timer line was an absolute favorite of mine. The various stainless steels they use in knives today are ok but nothing beats a good carbon steel blade!

What...? Aw man, that really sucks about Schrade. They made some darned good knives. I carried an Old Timer for 15 or 20 years, but then lost it. Found it 6 months ago, so all is well. I have carried a pocket knife every day since I was eight. In times long past, a kid with a pocket knife was considered a normal part of life. Nowadays, a kid with a pocket knife in school gets arrested, waterboarded and sent to Devil's Island.

0 308
 04-14-2012, 04:24 PM
User Info
Most days I have a Spyderco Caly 3.5 Super Blue with me. It's a great knife that takes and holds a wicked edge. It is also about the largest knife I can take to the office without making people feel uncomfortable.

18 582
 04-14-2012, 06:43 PM
  • MrGuy
  • Black Hills of SD
User Info
Interesting thread! I'm a bit on the boring side, but here's the normal stuff for the jeans...
Front Right; Keys (some for work, some personal), a mojo hand (some say they should go on the left, but I guess I'm crazy like that).
Pocket watch pocket (some call it a change pocket, I call it a pocket watch pocket); A pocket watch, what elseWink Could be any one of 3 I have.
Front Left; Phone and change when I have some.
Back Right; Nothing regular, maybe some sort of paper item like a receipt or a reminder note.
Back Left; wallet.
That's about it, as far as every day stuff. I'd like to find a nice little knife or multi-tool type of thing, but haven't really put much effort into finding one.

1 73
 04-15-2012, 12:29 AM
User Info
Luckily for me knives are still considered an everyday tool in semi-rural Norway, so no one will look at you strangely if you got one in your belt - if it's a small one, that is.

So at work, my pockets tend to load up as follows:
Left thigh; pocket book for those dull, in-between moments
Right thight; cell-phone or key to cell phone safe*
Front left; cough drops
Front right; office keys
On belt: Leatherman Wave and a mini maglite
Lower left jacket; case for my glasses
Lower right jacket; housekeys
Left chestpocket; My Ben Nanonote, a pen and a pencil, small notebook
Right chestpocket; wallet

*) Phones are not allowed in all parts of my workplace, for various reasons

3 4,348
 04-15-2012, 05:22 PM
User Info
Interesting talk about knives. A classmate's pocket knife that I coveted in the 5th grade was the motivation for my first paper route. I never bought a knife, however. Confused

Pretty boring here, money clip, handkerchief and keys in left front, phone in right front. If I wear a sports coat, I like to move keys and handkerchief to it.

4 112
 04-17-2012, 09:53 AM
User Info
In my "Man Bag" I carry just about everything. Phone, pens and pencils, mp3 player, bluetooth headset for the phone, measuring tape, glucose tablets and blood tester, business cards, wallet, spare phone battery and my Kindle.

0 36
 04-17-2012, 01:05 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
What a whoose...I carry a machete,a hellfire 50 cal machine gun,a RPG launcher and a straight razor in my side pocket. In my back pocket I have a sandwich,a thermos of coffee and a napkin. In my other side pocket i have a I Pad, 3 phones and a Colt 45. My other back pocket I carry several gold bars to buy razors and stuff. Also an ancle holster with a snub .357 and another machete. In my hat I have a beer keg and some prescription meds. No wonder my pants are down to my crotch..they are so heavy....Yo mama !!!!!

6 1,989
 04-17-2012, 04:44 PM
User Info
24 very good. Can I have your keg?

2 546
 04-17-2012, 05:21 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
(04-17-2012, 04:44 PM)PanchoVilla Wrote: 24 very good. Can I have your keg?

Oh yah ..any time..any where...you want my keg punk...come on make my day...or on the other hand let,s have a cool one..no problemo..my keg is 50 gallons of Corona...chilled to the bone..problem is the keg is frozen to my skull..so grab a glass and drink up !!!!!

6 1,989
 04-17-2012, 06:48 PM
User Info
Wow, you gents have an assortment of items in those pockets! Sorry, but mine are usually always empty except for when i have to carry a wallet.

82 21,038
 08-30-2012, 07:19 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(03-26-2012, 12:21 PM)brothers Wrote: Phil, it's a melon, isn't it? Just browsing, didn't read all the posts, so kindly disregard if I'm too far off topic, which I sometimes am.

Oops...I missed this post. Better late than never? Hmm

I honestly cannot remember what it is called but it is no longer. The other day I carried a bunch of boxes to the dumpster outside my shop and had the knife (Kershaw something) in one hand. Somehow the (closed) knife flew out of my hand and smack dab into the dumpster. It was a hot day! As much as I liked that knife, I was not about to crawl into a fermenting dumpster to retrieve it. Cool

45 17,982
 05-12-2015, 01:44 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
Just a wallet in my rear right pocket, perhaps a cell phone in my rear left pocket, and way too many keys in my front pockets.

45 17,982
 05-12-2015, 02:06 PM
  • ncguy1
  • TARHEEL
  • North Carolina
User Info
(08-30-2012, 07:19 PM)bullgoose Wrote:  The other day I carried a bunch of boxes to the dumpster outside my shop and had the knife (Kershaw something) in one hand. Somehow the (closed) knife flew out of my hand and smack dab into the dumpster. It was a hot day! As much as I liked that knife, I was not about to crawl into a fermenting dumpster to retrieve it. Cool

Was it like this one...

[Image: zj4bWvi.jpg]

....and no I didn't dig it out of the dumpster. Eusa_whistle   Biggrin

18 260
 05-12-2015, 03:03 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
User Info
Yes...That was the one!!

45 17,982
 05-12-2015, 03:27 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Looks like a Leek to me. That dumpster must have been pretty bad to leave it!

59 4,336