09-10-2014, 09:27 AM
User Info
Hi everyone -

Two sought-after razors and a great soap for sale today. As always, these prices include USPS Priority Mail to all locations in the USA. If you are an international buyer, let me know so we can work out shipping costs and options (my usual practice to either ship at my cost or at the very least split costs).

(1) Barbasol Floating Head Double-Edge Razor. This has been replated in bright nickel by a Krona Kruiser at Badger and Blade. It is in gorgeous condition and has a legendary reputation. In my opinion, this is the razor that the Muhle R41 was aspiring to, as it is very aggressive without having a harsh "face feel." This is a heavy weight razor and has a nice long and knurled handle. It is two-piece, which are my favorites.

There is a little bit of discoloration at the base of the head plate post (which I have circled in red) that was there when I received it, but otherwise the replating is flawless. If there are marks or scuffs they were the result of the original razor and not the replating process. The razor itself is brass, but the bright nickel really makes it shine. I purchased this for $135 back in July and that's what I'd like to get back for it. $135. SOLD! Thanks Jpshaver and TSN!

(2) Fasan Bakelite Open Comb Slant Double-Edge razor. Another sought-after razor, this one is even more aggressive than the Barbasol, but also not too harsh. And as opposed to the Barbasol, this razor is feather-light.

It comes with the original box, which isn't in the best shape, but still functional, as well as the insert and original blade. There is a small, stable crack at the top of the handle, which I have also circled in red. When these appear for sale they routinely fetch over $100. I bought it for $65 a few weeks ago and that's what I'd like to get back. $65. SOLD! Thanks zaclikestoshave and TSN!

(3) Barrister & Mann Fougere Imperiale shaving soap in screw-top tub. Tre Citta (i.e. vegan) formulation. In my opinion, the best soap, both in performance and scent in the market, new or vintage. If you area looking for a powerfully-scented fougere/fern scented soap with terrific performance and post-shave qualities, look no further (at least until Will re-releases these later this year!). You can read here how labor-intensive it is to make this soap and exactly how much effort Will put into this release. Additionally, I have found no difference in efficacy between the tallow or the Tre Citta version.

I actually traded two other B&M soaps for this one, Lavanille (retailing for $22) and Arctique ($16). I've used this particular tubtwice (don't worry I have other B&M fougere tubs!) and it was used twice before me. These will be going on sale for $35 when re-released, so I was thinking $30 shipped for this one. $30. SOLD! Thanks w_mcnabb and TSN.

As always, feel free to comment about my descriptions and pricing in this thread. If you have any other questions or comments, please PM me.

Thanks for looking,
Josh

84 1,505
 09-10-2014, 10:49 AM
User Info
Weren't into Lavanille, huh Josh? Biggrin

5 407
 09-10-2014, 11:21 AM
User Info
(09-10-2014, 10:49 AM)BarristerN_Mann Wrote: Weren't into Lavanille, huh Josh? Biggrin

Will - I loved the scent while just sniffing it, but for some reason many great-smelling soaps' scents seem to "drop out" when I'm using them. The only ones that don't do this, and I mean only, are your fougeres. If there was some way to make them doubly-strong for the next release, I'd be all-in on that.

I regretted even putting this one up, but I still have a stash of them and to prepare for the re-release (personally I prefer the Aromatique, but I'm sure some Imperiale will find its way into my cart, if I am so lucky!).

84 1,505
 09-10-2014, 12:27 PM
User Info
(09-10-2014, 11:21 AM)jpakstis Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 10:49 AM)BarristerN_Mann Wrote: Weren't into Lavanille, huh Josh? Biggrin

Will - I loved the scent while just sniffing it, but for some reason many great-smelling soaps' scents seem to "drop out" when I'm using them. The only ones that don't do this, and I mean only, are your fougeres. If there was some way to make them doubly-strong for the next release, I'd be all-in on that.

I regretted even putting this one up, but I still have a stash of them and to prepare for the re-release (personally I prefer the Aromatique, but I'm sure some Imperiale will find its way into my cart, if I am so lucky!).

You can't imagine what that would cost. Biggrin

5 407
 09-10-2014, 01:27 PM
User Info
(09-10-2014, 12:27 PM)BarristerN_Mann Wrote: You can't imagine what that would cost. Biggrin

Oh I'm sure it would be a pretty penny. I'm also trying to open up rotation "space" for more of your seasonal offerings.

- Josh -

84 1,505
 09-10-2014, 03:59 PM
User Info
Quick update - all items sold! Moderators please archive.

- Josh -

84 1,505