09-10-2014, 07:01 PM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Was wondering if anyone can enlighten me as to the current inscription on the lids of the Penhaligon wooden bowls. Do they have the the soap name inscribed on it as I'm seeing both some say Penhaligon's and sometimes I'm finding pictures of "BLENHEIM BOUQUET" on the lid. To add to the confusion the picture on Penhaligon's own website shows BLENHEIM BOUQUET inscribed on the lid, but is that accurate?

http://www.penhaligons.com/blenheim-bouq...oden-bowl/

Thanks for the help and guidance.

35 1,329
 09-10-2014, 07:46 PM
  • jfmii
  • Pittsburgh PA
User Info
I have been wondering myself. I thought all the new bowls are inscribed with Penhaligons only.

19 419
 09-10-2014, 09:49 PM
User Info
The new wooden bowl has the inscription "PENHALIGONS" on the lid in gold lettering. The bowl is now in dark wood and is the same for all scents.
The website is out of date. A picture of the new bowl can be seen for the Sartorial soap.

31 5,293
 09-11-2014, 03:33 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Ah so all bowls are the dark version, I thought it was only the Sartorial that had the dark bowls and the others had the light colored. Wow so there's been no new official photos for any of the Penhaligon shave soaps for a while then.. David, thank you for clearing up the confusion.

Looking into expanding the experience to Penhaligon's now.. the presentation of the bowls was the most confusing.. almost everywhere I see to say shows Blenhiem Bouquet with the engraved old style bowls which I think is quite nice and has character, only Sartorial shows a new darker bowl is pretty good but couldn't figure out which is which.

35 1,329
 09-11-2014, 04:17 AM
User Info
Yes, it is confusing. The photo of their old style, tallow soap bowl has been unchanged on the website for years now. A bit misleading, I feel.
I can say, however, that the new bowl is of exceptional quality, as are, most importantly, the soaps.

31 5,293