09-12-2014, 03:08 PM
User Info
IKon sometimes gets poor reviews on "the other forum". I usually take those with a grain of salt.
A few weeks ago I ordered directly from IKon a DLC slant head for my son's birthday. When it arrived, I didn't inspect it and waited until his birthday got closer and sent it to him as we live quite some distance from each other. When he opened it he found a large chip of the coating missing on the edge of the head. I contacted IKon, they provided return instructions. My son called today, the replacement head had arrived along with a pack of blades and a bulldog handle! He was quite pleased as am I with iKon's service. My son is looking forward to tomorrow's shave which he will no doubt enjoy. Thanks for the great service Greg.

44 486
 09-12-2014, 04:39 PM
User Info
I've had nothing but good luck with my dealings with anything iKon. I've got 2 different heads and 3 different handles, which I love. I've email communicated with Greg a couple different times and have had nothing but good experiences from it. I don't really know what all happened on "the other forum" as all that happened before my time. I'd say judge from your own experiences and less from word of mouth. Glad to hear that your experiences were good ones.

2 89
 09-12-2014, 04:49 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Greg has aways been fantastic IMO!

99 18,011
 09-12-2014, 05:12 PM
User Info
Awesome! Great razors AND great service.

3 202
 09-12-2014, 06:08 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I've also had nothing but good experiences with iKon. Exceptional, actually. I'm a frequent poster on "that other forum" as well, and I usually put quite a bit of stock into the general opinions of people there. However, I have yet to see firsthand any evidence of iKon running a dodgy business. I would be very interested to know a little bit about iKon, only because I like to know about these things. There was (is) a rumor that some or all of the razors are produced in Thailand, which Greg has vaguely refuted on this forum. I don't really care where they're made, but I am curious if Greg actually machines any of the products himself, or whether he's only involved in the business or design end of things. Also, being that the heads are sintered, not machined, I'm curious what's involved in getting something like that off the ground. I know how the process works from a materials perspective, but I've never seen the machinery that does it, nor do I know what is involved in setting it up.

Of course, I don't need to know these things... I'm just a naturally curious person. :-D

22 828
 09-14-2014, 11:41 AM
User Info
(09-12-2014, 04:39 PM)Cosmos Mariner Wrote: I've had nothing but good luck with my dealings with anything iKon. I've got 2 different heads and 3 different handles, which I love. I've email communicated with Greg a couple different times and have had nothing but good experiences from it. I don't really know what all happened on "the other forum" as all that happened before my time. I'd say judge from your own experiences and less from word of mouth.

I have 2 razors and one handle from ikon
Both great razors,no complains at all.
Communication was short as usually we see in Americans but accurate and fast.
Graig was banned from other forum,i heard about it in a Greek forum before i make login here
They told us that there was a problem with a delivery of a "forum group-buy" and till now now allowed links for ikon and the admins don't like any new post with products from him.
I don't know who's fall because that story is some years ago and i don't know the complete details.

0 353
 09-14-2014, 12:17 PM
User Info
Greg makes all his own razors,handles and razor stands himself. Any problems he had on another forum had nothing to do with the quality of his products. All products are US made. iKon started the stainless steel razor craze.

121 13,116