17.19% of votes
I've used a Slant & it's not for me.
6.25% of votes
I've not used a slant.
28.13% of votes
* You voted for this item.
 08-17-2012, 10:50 AM
User Info
I am a new slant user, and really like the 37c. The end product seems the same as with any other high quality razor and blade, but the slicing experience is different from the chopping experience. The cutting sound seems very different to me, and the shave was very comfortable with no nicks or weepers or irritation (I hold it by the tip of the handle to prevent pressure). I would be interested to try after skipping shaving for a day or two, but like to shave too much to skip!

Eviljelloman on Wicked Edge strikes me as one of those guys who has his own views on things and wants to resolutely state them over and over again, without even considering the possible validity of views different than his own. There are many such people in the world, and that doesn't make them right. It reminds me of a former co-worker who thought that the more often and loudly she stated her views, the more other people would think she was right. Se la guerre. Pity him, and don't sweat it.

Michael, I do agree with the modified statement that "60% love it, 30% are indifferent, and 10% dislike it" is more accurate than to say "85-90% love it," and so from that perspective Eviljelloman has actually helped you.

17 388
 08-17-2012, 02:41 PM
User Info
Yes, indeed. I formerly didn't even mention that it didn't work for some. The actual percentages I get, though, from the poll above are (of those who have tried it) 67% love, 24% find it's okay, and 9% find that it doesn't work for them. But (as observed above) some who find that it doesn't work for them discover that, with more practice, it does indeed work for them. So the figures are rough (even discounting the unscientific sampling).

At any rate, a substantial majority of those who try it love it.

0 101
 08-17-2012, 11:54 PM
User Info
Well i now love my 37c slant so much, i now want a 39c so i can have a slant with a longer handle. Hows that for a major change of opinion?
I think all razors need to have a period of learning. Personally I found that i had heard nothing but good reports about slant razors and their ease of use, that when i bought one and struggled with it, i found myself wanting to slate it. I think it's human nature to hate and despise something you can't use, also to try and convice others that it can't be used. Or to sum it up in one word; Jealousy, lol

0 4
 08-18-2012, 01:46 PM
  • matloffm
  • Culver City, CA
User Info
I had my first shave last night with a 37C and, to my surprise, I found it an excellent razor. Looks like it will become a regular in my rotation. Biggrin

19 574
 08-19-2012, 12:25 PM
User Info
I was intimidated by the Slant design from the first time I saw it. I couldn't figure out how such a razor could possibly NOT cut me. I finally decided that I must be missing something because so many people were singing its praises, so I bought the 39C. That was last year and at the time I thought it was a very aggressive razor - and it was, compared to the other razors I was using at the time. Also, I didn't have the shaving experience I have now. So these days, it's a great middle-of-the-road razor for me. It's more aggressive than closed comb Merkurs, Jaggers, the Weber and Feather, but not as aggressive as the R41, FaTip, Joris/Plisson or Merkur Futur or Vision.

66 693