09-17-2014, 11:07 AM
User Info
For my last two shaves I rubbed my beard with Speick Soap Stick, Loaded my Omege Pro Boar with Proraso Sapone using the Marco method, and face lathered. WOW WOW WOW!!! I had to add in quite a bit of water while face lathering because it was a soap solid explosion. This is the slickest, most cushioning lather I have ever made. I am going to try it with a cream tomorrow! Please chime in if you have tried this or something similar.

0 295
 09-17-2014, 12:03 PM
User Info
I don't really get why you wanna combine two products to create a lather to be honest. With aftershaves I can understand it, but not with shaving soaps and shaving cream.

0 55
 09-17-2014, 02:34 PM
User Info
Congratulations on the lather!
The closest I have come is just to rub more of my shave-sticks on my face to get even more lather! Biggrin
I have actually never combined soaps or creams.

83 21,115
 09-17-2014, 02:38 PM
User Info
(09-17-2014, 12:03 PM)Diqiu-long Wrote: I don't really get why you wanna combine two products to create a lather to be honest. With aftershaves I can understand it, but not with shaving soaps and shaving cream.

People might just have different reasons. One, more slickness, (as described) two, if the soap is unscented and the lather is scented, you can get the best of both worlds.

I will considered doing this in the future, just to say that I have... no knock on it over here.

1 1,975
 09-17-2014, 09:05 PM
User Info
(09-17-2014, 02:38 PM)C-NoEviL Wrote:
(09-17-2014, 12:03 PM)Diqiu-long Wrote: I don't really get why you wanna combine two products to create a lather to be honest. With aftershaves I can understand it, but not with shaving soaps and shaving cream.

People might just have different reasons. One, more slickness, (as described) two, if the soap is unscented and the lather is scented, you can get the best of both worlds.

I will considered doing this in the future, just to say that I have... no knock on it over here.
Okay I see, but then I would just grap the shaving soap or cream that performs better instead of mixing them.

0 55
 09-18-2014, 07:31 AM
User Info

It was an experiment that worked out incredibly well. The sum was exponentially greater than the parts. In addition, the speed by which this awesome, slick, protective lather was produced, was nothing short of remarkable. Will I do this daily? Not likely. I do see myself doing this on a Monday morning after going the weekend without shaving. I also like to put things out there that might help other shavers, especially those who are new to wet shaving. Happy shaving!

0 295
 09-18-2014, 07:33 AM
User Info
Sure I've used this method before. Mostly when a soap is troublesome to lather.

0 1,007
 09-23-2014, 09:02 PM
User Info
(09-17-2014, 09:05 PM)Diqiu-long Wrote:
(09-17-2014, 02:38 PM)C-NoEviL Wrote:

Okay I see, but then I would just grap the shaving soap or cream that performs better instead of mixing them.

You've never tried a super lather?

0 75
 09-23-2014, 09:09 PM
User Info
No I think it's overdoing things Wink

0 55
 09-23-2014, 09:17 PM
User Info
I used to do this with MWF as my soap base, then I'd combine it with a TOBS cream based on the season/time of year. Would get great shaves with seasonal variety in scent.

0 75
 09-23-2014, 09:51 PM
User Info
I combine 2 soaps or soaps and creams every shave.

9 1,208
 09-27-2014, 10:40 AM
User Info
(09-23-2014, 09:51 PM)CyanideMetal Wrote: I combine 2 soaps or soaps and creams every shave.

I almost do too.

I prefer to superlather for most of my shasves, using a soap and a cream in combination.

I do it primarily for 3 reasons:

1. To use more product - since I own 120+ creams and soaps now and I'm not slowing down that much on buying new stuff - now just buy the HIGH quality stuff

2. To get a better scent - for instance sometimes I use an unscented og lightly scented great soap or cream, but would like to add a scent

3. Soaps are often a little drying on my face, especially if I have to rub the brush in to create the lather, then adding a cream that lathers more easily and provides a better softer moist feeling can enhance the overall shaving experience for me.
Sometimes a soap has awesome glide and slickness but lacks a little cushion, adding a cream to this soap will give the lather better cushion and protection and a less dry face feel.

If I have the time, I will always prefer a Superlather to a NON-Superlather.

24 6,021
 09-28-2014, 09:55 AM
User Info
(09-27-2014, 10:40 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(09-23-2014, 09:51 PM)CyanideMetal Wrote: I combine 2 soaps or soaps and creams every shave.

I almost do too.

I prefer to superlather for most of my shasves, using a soap and a cream in combination.

1. To use more product - since I own 120+ creams and soaps now and I'm not slowing down that much on buying new stuff - now just buy the HIGH quality stuff

2. To get a better scent - for instance sometimes I use an unscented og lightly scented great soap or cream, but would like to add a scent

3. Soaps are often a little drying on my face, especially if I have to rub the brush in to create the lather, then adding a cream that lathers more easily and provides a better softer moist feeling can enhance the overall shaving experience for me.
Sometimes a soap has awesome glide and slickness but lacks a little cushion, adding a cream to this soap will give the lather better cushion and protection and a less dry face feel.

You really have this one down to a science! Happy shaving CHSeifert!

0 295
 09-28-2014, 01:06 PM
User Info
(09-27-2014, 10:40 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:

I almost do too.

Okay the first point makes sense to me Wink

0 55