09-17-2014, 02:17 PM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
Hey! I am thinking of getting one of the above razors. Cost is a consideration so NO I can't buy multiple.

I am looking for a nice mild(er) razor that is good quality. Right now I use my Muhle R106 and love it! The aggression is nice and I get the perfect shave pretty much effortlessly with no fear of cuts. I have (briefly) owned a SS razor and miss the heft and quality it had.

I'm torn between the three listed above.

I will mention I owned a Shavecraft 101 but had to sell it as the SB side didn't cut at all, and the OC side was milder than a blue tip (IMO). I am a fan of the 58 TV super speeds, that is the type of aggression I like and I consider my Muhle a half-step down from that.

Any input is appreciated...I have read numerous threads on all the English wet shave forums regarding the above razors, but I guess I still need that confirmation from friends.

Where I currently stand is here:

Weber -affordable, hefty, loved by almost all that use it...may have possible machining issues that cause the wavey blade (only downside and only one person reported it impacting their shave...out of many).

ATT M1 - impeccable quality! Though pricey and the extra cash could be spent buying lots of other stuff. Maybe R1 would be better?

AS-D2 - the only one I have handled in person. Absolutely beautiful! D1 would be too mild for me...has aggression been increased enough to be useful?

What I am looking for is a daily driver that will offer awesome shaves. F ts too aggressive I won't be able to use it daily. Once again I like the 58 TV SS and my Muhle. I won't get another SS as the butterfly doors now bother me when I shave with one.

Thanks!!

1 608
 09-17-2014, 02:42 PM
User Info
Hi, Luke.
Personally, I would start with the Weber PH; very cost-effective and enough aggression to shave you well enough. Also, if you don't like it, you can easily sell it.
The AS-D2 is still quite mild, in my opinion and if you have tried the D1, then this isn't much more aggressive.
I can't comment on the ATT as I am awaiting one to try. Biggrin
Good luck.

83 21,077
 09-17-2014, 05:32 PM
User Info
Okay, just my opinion here. I own the razors you've mentioned, and like them all. My Weber has a straight and true blade, so no issues there. But of the three razors listed, the Weber is the most aggressive IME. The Feather ASD2 is indeed a very mild razor, but it's also quite efficient. It likes a slightly shallower angle, but I get a terrific shave with absolutely neck irritation, ever. That's an issue for me with some razors. As for the ATT, I don't have the M1, but I do have the M2 and the R1. They are both stellar pieces of equipment in my opinion, and I'm anxious for the release of their slant. Again, the Weber Is certainly the most affordable, and it's a razor I could be happy with for a very long time if I could only have one. But it would also be the one to go if I had to decrease my stainless collection by one.

2 31
 09-17-2014, 06:15 PM
User Info
To me, it seems the ATT M1 (Kronos) is noticeably more aggressive than the Weber. So mileage varies, even inexplicably on occasion. The ATT 30-day guarantee is appealing, but my guess is that best for your own aggression preferences would be the Weber.

It's always a tough call to make, without your getting to try 'em all first.

7 315
 09-17-2014, 06:27 PM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
(09-17-2014, 06:15 PM)wagstaff Wrote: It's always a tough call to make, without your getting to try 'em all first.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I think I'm leaning towards the weber just for cost sake. Though it seems I can't loose with any of them.

I've still got time before I want to pull the trigger, so I'll be interested in hearing any other opinions.

1 608
 09-17-2014, 07:35 PM
User Info
I like the same aggressiveness and i have used some cc / oc / adjustables. But my experience about ss razors is limited to Weber PH. My Weber is flawless and it gives me the best ( smooth & efficient ) shaves of my life.

1 495
 09-20-2014, 11:58 AM
  • joe j
  • South Florida
User Info
Another vote for the Weber.I have used the Feather(and sold it)and have never used the ATT so I cannot comment on it.The Weber is a wonderful daily driver and half the price of the Feather.

21 139
 09-20-2014, 12:25 PM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
I picked up a Weber today! Can't wait for it to arrive.

1 608
 09-21-2014, 03:24 PM
  • NunoFC
  • Toronto, Canada
User Info
I really want to try the Weber PH, looks to be a loved and awesome razor

5 117
 09-21-2014, 06:35 PM
User Info
(09-21-2014, 03:24 PM)NunoFC Wrote: I really want to try the Weber PH, looks to be a loved and awesome razor

* It is indeed a lovely razor.

Are you Portuguese, by the way? Biggrin

83 21,077
 09-27-2014, 02:42 PM
  • CRAusmus
  • Going from Texas to Georgia
User Info
I'm very interested to hear your impressions of the Weber Luke.

I'm wondering how folks would grade the aggressiveness against say the 34c or about what setting it'd be on a fatboy or slim. I'm really looking hard at this razor as a modern Stainless option...

18 1,186
 09-27-2014, 05:30 PM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
(09-27-2014, 02:42 PM)CRAusmus Wrote: I'm very interested to hear your impressions of the Weber Luke.

I'm wondering how folks would grade the aggressiveness against say the 34c or about what setting it'd be on a fatboy or slim. I'm really looking hard at this razor as a modern Stainless option...
When it arrives and after a few shaves I will definitely give my impressions. Unfortunately i havent tried the 34c.

1 608
 09-28-2014, 02:22 PM
User Info
I have the Weber and the ATT M1 Atlas. Both are great razors; the M1 is slightly more aggressive. The ATT would be my choice if I could only have one. It's a beautifully machined razor with superb balance.

42 208
 09-30-2014, 12:44 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
I've owned all 3. If I could keep only 1 it would be the ATT. If cost is a consideration, I'd keep the Weber. The Weber is an excellent razor and less than half the price of the ATT.

168 1,381
 09-30-2014, 03:50 PM
User Info
+1 on ron above. I seem to enjoy stainless steel razors a lot. my favorite is the att but the weber is a great great tool for a lot less $. American made choose the weber and keep the change

73 1,296
 10-06-2014, 01:51 PM
  • Lradke
  • Edmonton, Alberta
User Info
It came and it's beautiful!!
[Image: 5659a4007e15b30a806e3b78ba2fbdc7.jpg]

1 608
 10-06-2014, 03:29 PM
User Info
Congrats! Let us know how tbe first shave goes.

7 315
 10-12-2014, 12:16 PM
User Info
I too like the efficiency and comfort of the Muhle r106 and it was also my first razor I ever used. I have an ATT R1 and while I love it, it does seem a bit more aggressive feeling than the r106. It's a phenomenal razor and I never get any nicks and weepers but it's just not as comfortable. I was hoping to get a M1 plate soon or just get a weber head to see how they compare in comfort so I'm looking forward to what you have to say about it!

11 489