09-17-2014, 10:22 PM
User Info
I have tried to access Amanda's site for a couple of weeks with no success. Pop-up says she is making soaps and will be back on-line the first of Sept. Is she still in business? Sure would like to place an order.

Thanks for any info.....

Ed

22 764
 09-18-2014, 02:18 AM
User Info
Amanda had a death in the family and seemed really busy a month back. Hopefully she is just taking a little break and will come back when she is ready. Hang tight and give her another month.

0 84
 09-18-2014, 06:14 AM
User Info
Here's a couple updates from here Facebook page:

Sept. 4th:
Quote:Sorry if I have been MIA recently - I received several very large wholesale orders and a plethora of website orders on the same day so have been trying to catch up since then. I have also been preparing for a sales event/show this weekend in Atlanta so I have just been slammed with stuff to do. I hired two part time employees and we are starting to get caught up with everything. The website will go back up after I complete the wholesale orders and get some stock built up. I am hiring someone to do shipping for me so that I can focus on just making the soap. No, I am not dead (although I am pretty tired lol) Thanks for your patience and if I haven't responded to an email you sent I will get to it, I promise!

Sept 12th:
Quote:Updates - Still working on wholesale orders, and we have found someone to take over shipping. The items for sale on the website are being tagged with SKUs right now and will be entered in next week. The website will reopen this weekend but everything will be placed 'out of stock' as I update the item listings and stock levels for the inventory that I have been able to create since shutting down the website to get caught up. As I make more items they will be tagged with their corresponding SKUs, photographed, keyed, and placed on the website as 'in stock'. I have hired someone to do the shipping for me so regardless of order volume moving forward, orders will ship in 1 to 2 business days. They will also be shipping from MI so if you are close to MI that means good things for your transit time This will also free up storage space for me since the soaps will be housed in a climate controlled warehouse. You all have been so awesome and understanding while I have worked this out, so thank you! It has just become physically impossible to make and ship soap with the amount of orders I was receiving, so I let stock levels deplete as I was spending all of my time on shipping. I am so excited to get back to just making soap!

10 2,062
 09-18-2014, 08:04 AM
User Info
Thanks for the update......patience makes the heart grow fonder!

Ed

22 764
 09-18-2014, 03:07 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
"It has just become physically impossible to make and ship soap with the amount of orders I was receiving,"

Really NOT a bad problem to have. I love my Tiki soaps, and my fiancee loves her Tiki bath soap.

10 759
 09-18-2014, 03:53 PM
User Info
Not a bad problem at all. Everything I've used from her has been great.

6 229
 09-18-2014, 05:25 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
It seems that many of the soap makers that produce a quality product have gone through the same adjustment period. Mike's and Strop Shoppe have had to close down in the past to catch up and rethink their production model. This issue is just an indication of the quality of her product. She's a very bright lady, and will get this worked out. She also needs to not work so hard.

38 5,196
 09-20-2014, 10:49 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Amanda is "loading" the site. FYI-Maggard's has received their order. I just ordered a tin of the tallow "Fougere".

[Image: Tiki-Shaving-Soap-Fougere-4oz-2-350x350_zps8935e163.jpg]

4 2,822
 09-20-2014, 01:00 PM
User Info
I love her soaps...top notch stuff..

11 230
 09-22-2014, 10:04 AM
User Info
Looks like the site is back online.

10 2,062
 09-23-2014, 03:35 AM
User Info
Great to see Tiki is back but yikes, the international shipping on the site is a little out of whack. I wanted to try all 3 aftershaves and shipping alone was $39. It's good stuff, I got a bottle of oakmoss & sage before she closed down and really like it.

The Go West sounds really intriguing as well but just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on it.

EDIT: heard back from Amanada and it seems like a bug in the web site.
Quote:Thanks for telling me - there is something wrong there - it should be $14 for first item and $4 for each additional. Also if you order over $75 shipping is free.

This is very good news.

0 84
 09-23-2014, 07:30 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Fougere Tallow

The web-site is already out, but Maggard's still has new stock. I just picked mine up.

[Image: TikiFougereTallow2_zps43008cb6.jpg]

4 2,822