09-19-2014, 02:22 PM
User Info
Back by popular demand, Black Amber Vanille & Tobacco have made a return. A limited run of 54 pucks may turn into a full-time spot on the team. They can be purchased here.

The rest of the news is likewise soap related. Not really much going on with anything else.

Scent Strength Boost

Some of you have commented that some of the scents are weak. I am working on this. I've calculated that I can safely boost all scents by 10%. I have implemented this in all new batches.

As for particularly weak scents such as lavender & a few experimental ones, I am reviewing IFRA guidelines and seeing about lowering the mixing temperature to capture more scent in the soap itself. Future batches of lavender can be boosted 20%, so expect a stronger lavender in a month or two.

New Scents in the Works

Coffee - Enough people have expressed an interest in this scent that I've moved forward with trying to make it happen. Right now, I'm told the current formulation smells more like a "latte" or "Kahlua candy". I guess that's pretty good considering that the black coffee scent in soap is as elusive as a unicorn. I'll have to think on this some more.

Let me know in the comments below, post on the facebook page, or via a message if you have any thoughts on the matter.

Lavender & Cedar - I'm not too sure about this one. While it smells great, it's extremely faint. I'll have to figure out how to keep more of the scent in the soap before I release it, if I release it. I'd like to hear more positive interest in the scent before I make a batch.

Bay Rum - Alright, I'm giving up on this scent for the time being. I can't get it to smell right and I have other things that are demanding my attention. The latest formulations smell more like licorice. I might come out with a licorice scent, but not bay rum in the near future.

Gaelic (Green Irish) Tweed - Love this scent. Unfortunately it costs 50% more than any other scent, requires 50% more fragrance, and would likewise boost the price accordingly. So this one's on hold for now.

Cool Water - Firstly, I can't think of a good name for it. A puck for anyone who comes up with the final name. Secondly, just like GIT, it's 50% more expensive & 50% more is required. Also on hold.

Lavender - Lavender has been reformulated. It now smells more like a pure lavender with a camphor scent.

Pumpkin Spice - This fragrance contains cinnamon. So, if you are allergic, do not rejoice. Sadly I found out that my face does react to cinnamon, but a couple of people have contacted me about this fragrance and assured me that they don't react to cinnamon, so... I've decided to make a batch. It does smell great. Slight pumpkin in the background with a good cinnamon scent. Accented by pumpkin pie fragrances.

Rose & Sandalwood - Something I've been toying with on and off. I've got the mixture down and I think it smells great. Unfortunately, I don't quite have the time to do anything more than that right now.

Colognes & Aftershaves

They are in the development. While I can mix colognes right now, I'm not too sure about how to ship it, or whether there's enough interest. But the formula is pretty easy and I've been making some for local friends. Aftershave is still in the early stages of development.

Do let me know if you'd like to see any current scents as an aftershave.

Tins

I'm working on finding a rust-resistant version. No plans on using a different size.

9 3,024
 09-19-2014, 02:56 PM
User Info
Looking forward to that Sandalwood Rose! Once you get the time

31 1,800
 09-19-2014, 04:03 PM
User Info
Just ordered a tin!! My first wsp product!!

2 58
 09-20-2014, 09:13 PM
  • JrReyes
  • Cartridge Converter
  • Ft. Worth, TX
User Info
Just put 2 more puck on order to go with my Barbershop. This is awesome stuff, and I'm excited to add more to my collection. I'm a big fan of Barbershop, so that would get my vote for an Aftershave. Have you thought of creating something with a citrus base or adding a cooling effect (menthol) to some of your creations? Just tossing it out there. Thanks.

19 277
 09-21-2014, 05:07 PM
  • GMofmiami
  • Miami, Fl & Central America
User Info
Received the Mahogany on Friday, used on Saturday and was quite impressed. The scent is outstanding, the performance is even better...ultra slick, rich, cushioning lather...my Hart S/R felt like it was skiing down my face and didn't even feel it. I of course had to order the Tobacco to add to my rotation...Really looking forward to receiving that puck.

Truly an awesome soap...I highly recommend it.

45 710
 09-22-2014, 09:30 AM
User Info
(09-20-2014, 09:13 PM)JrReyes Wrote: Just put 2 more puck on order to go with my Barbershop. This is awesome stuff, and I'm excited to add more to my collection. I'm a big fan of Barbershop, so that would get my vote for an Aftershave. Have you thought of creating something with a citrus base or adding a cooling effect (menthol) to some of your creations? Just tossing it out there. Thanks.

For aftershave, yes. However, I understand that it has it's own smell, so I'd have to craft something around the menthol scent.

Didn't think about shaving soap until now. Is that something that people like? I've never heard of it before.

I think I'm pretty close to the aftershave formulation. I've been using a prototype the past few days and my face feels really good. So, on to bottling and labels. But first, some shipping.

9 3,024
 09-26-2014, 08:23 AM
User Info
Lee, i need your help.

Which "duet" shoul i pick up?

13 1,313
 09-26-2014, 08:54 AM
User Info
(09-26-2014, 08:23 AM)Rui Marques Wrote: Lee, i need your help.

Hmmm....

Barbershop and Mahogany are the people's favorites. Fougere Noir is right behind.

Depends on what you'd like the scent to be. Tongue

9 3,024
 09-26-2014, 09:00 AM
User Info
(09-26-2014, 08:54 AM)asharperrazor Wrote:
(09-26-2014, 08:23 AM)Rui Marques Wrote: Lee, i need your help.

Hmmm....

Barbershop and Mahogany are the people's favorites. Fougere Noir is right behind.

Depends on what you'd like the scent to be. Tongue

Thank you for your help.

IPhone 5S using Tapatalk

13 1,313